No announcement yet.

2024 Summer Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just evaded a cross body hit while smoking a ball to the strong safety!?!? Sounds like a defensive tackle version of Mahommes! Dayum!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Gustafson really has warning track power. Kinda weird.

Comment

The runner on 2nd thought that ball was going to make it through.

Comment

Monarchs got blitzed tonight. I think Johnson+Gustafson were 4/6 with 3 doubles though. Gustafson hit it off the wall. Twice. He serious just can't quite get it out of Eck.

Parker Morris did not inspire confidence that he is an answer to any pitching issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Monarchs got blitzed tonight. I think Johnson+Gustafson were 4/6 with 3 doubles though. Gustafson hit it off the wall. Twice. He serious just can't quite get it out of Eck.

Parker Morris did not inspire confidence that he is an answer to any pitching issues.
            Morris hasn't seen a ton of action in the last year plus (and you have to be honest about it, 16-19 are incredibly developmental and formative years for athletes, no matter what sport or what athlete) but it's good to see him out there. One would assume he's the type of player on the outside looking in as to a roster spot and would benefit greatly from a redshirt year or juco assignment.

Zeb will be in a fight as the infield is going to be crowded with capable players.

Comment

Comment

I believe I read that Gustafson has an 18-game hitting streak going for the Monarchs.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comment

Drew Iverson pitched a total of 33 innings so he was at 10.4 k's per 9 innings. He walked 8 putting him at 2.5 per 9 innings. His WHIP for the summer was 1.27.

Very solid numbers although with the caveat that the talent level in the Jayhawk Collegiate League is probably a notch or to below a D-1 schedule. I'm thinking he well continue to largely serve a lefty-on-left situational role for the Shocks but time will tell on that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Drew Iverson pitched a total of 33 innings so he was at 10.4 k's per 9 innings. He walked 8 putting him at 2.5 per 9 innings. His WHIP for the summer was 1.27.

Very solid numbers although with the caveat that the talent level in the Jayhawk Collegiate League is probably a notch or to below a D-1 schedule. I'm thinking he well continue to largely serve a lefty-on-left situational role for the Shocks but time will tell on that.
                              I think that makes sense as his current projected role, but with some upside to more heavy/reliable bullpen use.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X