• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

but the dollars are greener

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not any greener just a lot more of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not always.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This will sound a little odd, but we will miss Caden's dad too. He has a big and distinct voice from the stands and has a heck of a calming influence on our pitchers in my opinion.

Comment

• I watched more Shocker baseball games in person this year than the last five years combined. Very enjoyable. My favorite game was the game that had a couple thousand students from Wichita schools attend. These kids had a great time and were well-behaved. I think Shocker baseball is coming back to prominence. Looking forward to next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                This will sound a little odd, but we will miss Caden's dad too. He has a big and distinct voice from the stands and has a heck of a calming influence on our pitchers in my opinion.
                Seriously good dude. Not every sports parent (and that includes me) remains fair and balanced. He was really good at being passionate but detached enough to be fair. He deflected praise to teammates and maintained reasonable expectations. Sports parents as a whole could learn a lot from his examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Seriously good dude. Not every sports parent (and that includes me) remains fair and balanced. He was really good at being passionate but detached enough to be fair. He deflected praise to teammates and maintained reasonable expectations. Sports parents as a whole could learn a lot from his examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    So many thoughts. So little time. Glad they showed them up by beating their ass instead of getting into a bean fest. Shows true cajones.
                    And just to be clear: That doesn't mean Captain DixFace doesn't have to come to Wichita for a 3-gamer next year. There is a time and a place for everything.

Comment

• Story time from Clearwater (actually we stayed in Indian Rocks Beach so it's really from IRB)!

My wife had an anxiety attack when we arrived and her dad was having surgery that week so we booked her a flight back home the day after the championship game so the remainder of the week ended up being a father/son trip.

Well my son and I rented a couple of boards and went paddleboarding and we went well past the white buoys out into the deep. At some point about 15 yards from us something about 10 feet long surfaced (that's TWO freakin' adult human lengths people) and we're like "what in the ****?!?". This is NOT what I wanted to see this far out. I'm like "please be a dolphin, please be a dolphin".

Anyway I'm looking for shark fins and paying reallll close attention when I finally see the tail pop up and it's round. A manatee!! YES!! So I started explaining to my son that's rare and super special. So at this point we acknowledge what I have said many times on Shockernet: Man does not belong in the ocean. So we're constantly scanning for fins and life and whatever and then 30 minutes later about 5 yards from us (very close) a massive yellow head pops up and it's a freaking huge sea turtle! Sweet!!

Anyway, like pogo once said, it's not always the results of how the Shockers perform at the conference tournaments that makes going to them special. And I fully agree. But in this case I got to see 'em whip ECU and be one out away -- with a depleted roster -- from winning the whole thing AND my son and I survived what I thought was going to be Jaws V but turned out to be a manatee.

Fun times!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

And just to be clear: That doesn't mean Captain DixFace doesn't have to come to Wichita for a 3-gamer next year. There is a time and a place for everything.
                        I went back and watched some of the games this last week since my view was only live and in color at the time.

Man, Dickson Williams better make an offering to the baseball gods this offseason. First, Tommy was headed over to 2nd to absolutely pummel his ass after that slide.

And 2nd, he was going to get plugged with a high 90s FB in the back next spring. What a ****ing dick.

Comment

Working...
                        X