2024 AAC Tournament Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I had to tune out after the bottom of the 6th and am just now checking back in. Sounds like a heckuva an effort by the Shocks. Look forward watching the final 3 innings and catching up on everyone's thoughts and observations later tonight.. Had to be a heartbreaker. But kudos for these guys for battling to the very end.
    It was a knife to the heart. Can’t recall an equivalent Shockers baseball ending.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I have to admit that I haven’t seen a live (TV) Shocker baseball game since the late 90s as I was well out of Wichita by the mid 80s and they were rarely broadcast. But damn, that was a fun, if not heartbreaking game to watch. And I never tired of seeing the NCAA tournament record with that 1989 CWS championship graphic they kept showing. What a gritty bunch of kids and they have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about.

I know it’s just the first season but boy, do I hope this is the return of Shocker baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It was a knife to the heart. Can’t recall an equivalent Shockers baseball ending.
        It was a no-doubter HR. As soon as he hit it, I said, "That baby is gone."
        Holmes getting behind in the count put him in a bad position.
        He didn't want to walk him and put the winning runner on, but the 2-2 pitch he threw was...as we say in the game - 'Meat!'
        Up until then, Holmes was pitching well. They really didn't have any other options, so no second guessing sending him back out for the 9th.

Now the NIL BS starts.
        Need to hold on to Holmes, Munz, Arnett, Dobbs and Hamilton is a dude. There are a few other possible relievers. Haven't seen them enough to know who has it and who doesn't.

I still say Jack Mount can walk. Yes, he has decent velocity, but his pitch selection sucks and his ball just doesn't have any movement.
        92 mpg fastballs without movement get hit and get hit a lot.
        He will be a SR so maybe they keep him around. But if they find better arms, help find him a new home.

I know a little about the game.
        Was right handed pitcher in college, fastball clocked @ 92 mph. Had tryouts with Reds, Blue Jays and A's.
        That wasn't good enough, trust me.
        Still play the game during summer, but no where even close to throwing 92 mph. More like 80 mph, which still isn't bad for my age!

Just my 0.2.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Holmes tried his best but at the end of the day it wasn’t enough. At least he threw strikes but can’t give up home runs it’s not allowed. This season was lit tho shocker baseball is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

ECU stealing home felt similar.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Need to make sure and keep Lapour too, and many of the starting positions players, along with a few bench guys. But odds are, we’ll lose some.

Obviously some who are eligible, will go pro. Not sure who that would be.

Rogers is a RSJr? I thought Millan was a SR…listed as a Jr. Seems like’s he’s been there for 2 decades.

Got a great foundation, hope BG can keep them. As mentioned, hello NIL BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

ECU stealing home felt similar.
                I think ECU’s HC looks like Fozzie Bear.

Comment

• I know we can't keep them all. But if we can keep a lot of them, it sure seems like HCBG can recruit a bit. A lot of newcomers were contributors. So it definitely feels like we are on the right track... Which is not what I would have said in April.

Comment

• Let’s go get some Japanese kids. I’m not even kidding lol take a new approach and they’re freaking machines.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                      Let’s go get some Japanese kids. I’m not even kidding lol take a new approach and they’re freaking machines.
                      A couple of Venezuelans too, especially if you can find a catcher.

Comment

• That was the first shocker baseball game I've watched since Gene brought the boys to San Marcos back in the early 2000's. That game in San Marcos was a disappointment of epic portions when comparing to the old days when I rarely missed games. I skipped out on works many times to watch the shocks in the 80s and 90s, so watching them play poorly against the TSU bobcats was a disappointment.
                        But watching today's game gave me a sense of a potential return of a great team in the very near future..
                        Great game by the boys by all standards, except the score. But the fight was worth the watch!

Comment

• I'm probably naive but I don't think NIL is going to be the problem it is with basketball by a long shot.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'm probably naive but I don't think NIL is going to be the problem it is with basketball by a long shot.
                            No, you’re definitely right. We should keep the majority because of coaching continuity and what you just said.

High end guys (LaPour, I’m sure there are others) need to be taken care off. Which, IMO, means we are competitive financially.

If any of you reading this enjoyed this season as much as I did, consider giving a bit to NIL. If you hate Mills, give to baseball specifically. It would make more of a difference anyway.

One thing we always had when we were cooking was support. We’re gonna continue to need it.

Comment

• Today so reminded me of the Louisville Final four game. On one hand, your just thankful to be in the final four and we have nothing to lose. However, as the game unfolds you begin to realize that WSU belongs here and is good enough to win. At that point your mind body and soul is all in. Losing the way we did in both games was just crushing.

I'm so thankful to care again though. I was a doubter of Coach Green but he has proven me and a lot of Shocker fans wrong. He is the right man for the job.

Comment

• Man we are in a bad spot if we're comparing that to the F4 game. We tied for 3rd and lost the tournament championship game of a pretty crappy conference.

I'm also excited about the possibilities, and about the last month of play. But we need to not lose touch with reality, either.

I think NIL can make an outsized impact in baseball. I think maybe at least as much impact could be made by putting your butts in seats. Atmosphere is something that doesn't exist at a lot of baseball programs and can very quickly become a differentiator. Yes, NIL paychecks are still gonna be needed, but if you can help a kid out a little with funding AND have him play on a competitive team in front of 2500 fans every night, you're onto something. If I was throwing money at the baseball program, my first $500 would be on season tickets. It still gives the program money, but it also sends a message. And it gets you tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X