No announcement yet.

2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw in a HCBG tweet that we have a trip to Hawaii next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Saw in a HCBG tweet that we have a trip to Hawaii next year.
      Do we know when?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Guessing Luke will follow his coach to South Florida.
        Follows the Benjamin’s to LSU.

Comment

• Fun listening to ESPN announcers talk about how great it is for baseball that nil and the portal is funneling all of the top baseball talent to the same 16 teams every year.

Morons. It's great for those 16 teams for about 10 years before everyone else in the world stops caring completely. And when that happens, the money it's built on will all be gone.

Comment

• College baseball has evolved into a concentrated regional sport much like hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              College baseball has evolved into a concentrated regional sport much like hockey.
              It's been that way for a while.

I went through every CWS since 1985, looking for "cold weather" schools. Indiana State, WSU, Stonybrook, Kent State, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, Michigan and Indiana were the obvious ones. If WSU is a cold-weather school than so is Virginia, Kentucky, and Oklahoma State and OU.

Is Wichita weather really that much different than Arkansas or TN?

However, CA, AZ, TX and Florida schools have dominated during that period along with misc teams from the ACC and SEC.

Anyway, it was interesting to see programs that get on a 2,3,4 year heater with a few CWS appearances in a row or within a few years, and then never to be seen again. (That might apply to WSU)

Without going a looking again, this applies to TCU, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Rice, Indiana, Louisville, Notre Dame and a few others. Though the "streaks' of those programs don't compare to WSU's streak from 1988-1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do we know when?
                I don't. This is where I saw it:

Comment

I don't.
                  I will keep a watchful eye. Irony of irony, we were planning on going to Hawaii next year so this might just work out for me again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I will keep a watchful eye. Irony of irony, we were planning on going to Hawaii next year so this might just work out for me again!
                    I imagine that if you emailed the baseball staff they could provide that info assuming the dates are set.

Comment

I imagine that if you emailed the baseball staff they could provide that info assuming the dates are set.
                      Good idea!

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

Hawaii trip is against University of Hawaii in Honolulu sometime between Feb 19th - 25th.

Comment

• I've been told by my family that we are going. I'm not sure I have agreed. If the Urbans still lived on the island that might tilt my decision to go, but alas they do not. Wonderful people.

Comment

• 2 more former Shockers off the board.
                              Stark to Texas A&M Corpus Christi
                              Williams to the U!! U of Miami

Comment

• Originally posted by Old School "Shocker" View Post
                                2 more former Shockers off the board.
                                Stark to Texas A&M Corpus Christi
                                Williams to the U!! U of Miami
                                Awww

Comment

Working...
                                X