WSU at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I can live with 2 and que if we just friggin show up to both games and get beat. So tired of the ridiculously poor play in the conference tourneys.
    I don’t think I’m as patient as you. Another 2 and que does not give me a lot of enthusiasm going into next year. I mean if we play well, we should win our first game. It’s not like we’re the 8 seed.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I kind of agree with Fev here While I am very cognizant of the perils of tournament baseball play, I agree with Fev here.

We NEED to act like the program we should be and that starts with winning big games and tournament games, especially first round and winners bracket games, are big games.

The problem is when you run into an ace. UAB fits that bill and they are playing well right now. Nevertheless, we know what's in front of us. We're more talented and deeper than UAB. I assume we'll throw Tommy and save senior Caden Favors for ECU, he's just more likely to be ready for the big moment.

I hope the Crabby Shack is open early on Tuesday.

Comment

• Mmmm ... Crabby Shack.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Mmmm ... Crabby Shack.
          Never had a CS, but sounds really good. I’ve been on the ‘all you can eat’ shrimp fest at Red Lobster; helping them declare bankruptcy.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sure would love to have a run in the tourney, no doubt.

Regardless of the finish, I will probably be more enthusiastic for Shocker baseball entering 2025 than anytime since Gene… knock on wood we don’t lose every big piece.

This was one of the best teams we’ve had in a decade (aware that says more about the last decade than this team) with a rag-tag group of guys cobbled together.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic heading into next year.

Comment

• I don't know why I call it the Crabby Shack....that just sticks in my mind. It's actually Frenchy's Tiki Pavillion.

There's another Frenchy's on the beach that is a wonderful spot for dinner and a spectacular sunset view.

Garlic crab fries, ceviche, baked oysters Rockaway......and their smoked fish spread. Just the highlights from the appetizers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I don't know why I call it the Crabby Shack....that just sticks in my mind. It's actually Frenchy's Tiki Pavillion.
                There's definitely a Crabby's on Clearwater beach. I put down some seafood and beer there a few years back!

Comment

• Oof wife just informed that was 8 years ago. Where has my life gone?

Comment

• Took my wife to one of the WSU games. BIG mistake. Now she throws strike signals at me everytime she walks by a full trashcan or a sink full of dirty dishes.

#notevenjoking

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Oof wife just informed that was 8 years ago. Where has my life gone?
                      It gets worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        Sure would love to have a run in the tourney, no doubt.

Regardless of the finish, I will probably be more enthusiastic for Shocker baseball entering 2025 than anytime since Gene… knock on wood we don’t lose every big piece.

This was one of the best teams we’ve had in a decade (aware that says more about the last decade than this team) with a rag-tag group of guys cobbled together.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic heading into next year.
                        Um no, this group had better coaching then previous years but is not the best team in a decade. I too am enthusiastic about next year, but the other posters are right. We have to start winning big games and we can't go 0-2 next weekend, we just cant. We absolutely need to find a way to make a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

Um no, this group had better coaching then previous years but is not the best team in a decade. I too am enthusiastic about next year, but the other posters are right. We have to start winning big games and we can't go 0-2 next weekend, we just cant. We absolutely need to find a way to make a run.
                          Said “one of” and outside of maybe 2017… This year compares pretty well to any other.

Conference tournaments can be pretty fluky. Just look at who has won before. Look at the difference Tulane sweeping ECU made in our seed and pitching matchups.

All I’m saying there’s better indications of good direction here than any 2-game sample size.

Comment

Working...
                          X