Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    So ... we do it the hard way.
    Much harder way than if they could have beat the worst team in the league.
    Do not understand the coach outlook this game. They acted like it was an exhibition game, despite a lot on the line.

Have plenty of time to rest between now and Tuesday. Now they get to play after breakfast.
    May even win a game there...maybe.
    But they won't be there long with that shitty of a bullpen.

Still happy didn't buy the plane tix. On the bright side, if they do win a game, who thought this team would win 30 games?
    Still wondering about Doc predicting they will win it all.
    Doc, your $$$ still on that prediction?

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• 7-2 our last nine always looks better if the losses were early on. We played our best baseball of the season the last three weekends. Some disturbing trends the last two games puts a damper on it namely walks, errors and striking out too much.

Comment

• I think his prediction was they would be in the champ game. Not win the champ game.

Comment

• Sometimes there is no explanation for baseball results. E Carolina loses five in a row including being swept by Tulane, which ultimately hurt us. We beat OU a few years ago like 18-0 and they end up making it to the national championship. Utah Tech wins at Oklahoma State. It’s all about being consistent enough over the long haul to put yourself in a good position when you do get hot.

Comment

• I was disappointed that we didn’t go all-in to win the final game. Win the game, get the best possible seed using your best players. Once you win it, you figure out how to try and win the tournament. I hope I’m wrong and we somehow find a way to win in Clearwater, but damn, that and 4 craft beers left a bad taste in my mouth.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Much harder way than if they could have beat the worst team in the league.
              Yeah so now we gotta man up.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Fireworks aren't so much because we won, but more because I get to go to bed. :)

Way to go Shox!
                Maybe I’m being too critical about todays game, because that marathon last night had me a little droopy today… my a$$ was draggin’ all day…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fixed It: Denning's comments were cutoff a little early: "in one of the most insane baseball games you will ever see...until tomorrow"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Maybe I’m being too critical about todays game, because that marathon last night had me a little droopy today… my a$$ was draggin’ all day...
                    Yeah we're all just grumpy.

But if you get real and reflect on where we're at after all the horsepoop we have been through over the last decade, you have to feel good about where we're at.

Tied for 3rd in conference. NOBODY could have predicted that type of finish.

We're whining about being the freakin' 4 seed. We are BLESSED to be the freakin' 4 seed. We SUCKED for far too long, and far longer than necessary. And we aren't Gene Stephenson good yet by a long shot, but this new coach has embraced Stephenson, clearly adjusted as the season went on, and put us in a spot to even DISCUSS making a deep run in the conference tourney. Will we? Who knows?? But it isn't _impossible_ anymore!

That's a small miracle given the massive amount of talent that walked out the door last season as we introduced the 3rd coach in 3 years.

Caden Favors, Nate Adler, Seth Stroh, Will Stark, Alex Birge and Jordan Rogers have had THREE effing head coaches in their careers at WSU.

And they aren't effin' quittin' people!!

If you don't support these quality players that are bustin' their asses and playing with the new young guys that are talented as heck ... you're missing quite an exciting rebuild effort that is unfolding quite nicely right in front of you.

Wedge, Hibbs, Siri, and Pelf have brought in talent but every year there was also major talent leaving due to coaching changes. Now we have stability and a young core group of guys that have some bright futures ahead of them. Add in additional incoming players each year and establish a winning program again and we will be really good again.

This year has been a major leap forward from where we have been, but there is still a ton of work to do to get to where everyone knows we can be and have been. But it isn't going to happen in one season and we ALL knew that.

Still ... don't quit on those seniors that didn't quit on YOU. And for poop's sake don't quit on the freshmen. They are the true future of what can be a VERY bright future before you know it.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

But if you get real and reflect on where we're at after all the horsepoop we have been through over the last decade, you have to feel good about where we're at.

We're whining about being the freakin' 4 seed. We are BLESSED to be the freakin' 4 seed. We SUCKED for far too long, and far longer than necessary. And we aren't Gene Stephenson good yet by a long shot, but this new coach has embraced Stephenson, clearly adjusted as the season went on, and put us in a spot to even DISCUSS making a deep run in the conference tourney. Will we? Who knows?? But it isn't _impossible_ anymore!

That's a small miracle given the massive amount of talent that walked out the door last season as we introduced the 3rd coach in 3 years.

Caden Favors, Nate Adler, Seth Stroh, Will Stark, Alex Birge and Jordan Rogers have had THREE effing head coaches in their careers at WSU.

If you don't support these quality players that are bustin' their asses and playing with the new young guys that are talented as heck ... you're missing quite an exciting rebuild effort that is unfolding quite nicely right in front of you.

Wedge, Hibbs, Siri, and Pelf have brought in talent but every year there was also major talent leaving due to coaching changes. Now we have stability and a young core group of guys that have some bright futures ahead of them. Add in additional incoming players each year and establish a winning program again and we will be really good again.

This year has been a major leap forward from where we have been, but there is still a ton of work to do to get to where everyone knows we can be and have been. But it isn't going to happen in one season and we ALL knew that.

Still ... don't quit on those seniors that didn't quit on YOU. And for poop's sake don't quit on the freshmen. They are the true future of what can be a VERY bright future before you know it.
                      I was just going to stay quite until someone said this (if at all). Congrats Kung Wu.

Maybe some would be a little happier about the team's performance if the rest of the season had been a 1st season more like the basketball team. Frankly, I'm somewhat amazed at what this new coach and his team have done in his 1st season. They came within 1 more run of sweeping Memphis while the coach was trying to protect our pitching for the conference tourney as much as he felt he could.

Comment

Very well said. Go Shox
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                          Still wondering about Doc predicting they will win it all.
                          Doc, your $$$ still on that prediction?

That is all.
                          I did say if we swept UTSA that we would play on Sunday. I'm not really walking that back (even though I'm kind of walking that back) but when I said that, I did it with the belief that we'd finish 2nd or more likely, 3rd, in the standings. I didn't think there was 1 in 100 chance that Tulane would win 5 of 6 down the stretch and we controlled everyone else. We won 7 of 8 since I said that. 6 of those games were really good.

If Tulane doesn't sweep ECU, we're 3rd. I bet there are 100 out of 100 AAC baseball fans that would bet that before it happened.

So my prediction was based on the (almost) certainty we'd finish 3rd and avoid ECU. Well, that didn't happen.

Worse even, we're all but certain to get UAB ace Blayze Berry Tuesday (and BB is probably the 2nd best starter in the conference behind Yesavage) and UAB is playing well right now. If we manage to win (and Berry beat us there to open league play) then ECU will be waiting with a rested Yesavage. It does not set up like I anticipated if we won 7 of our last 8 (which I did and which they did). I didn't see us needing to get 8 of 8 to get 3rd.

See you all Sunday. :)

Comment

• Yikes. Looks like we’re set up for another 2 and ‘que down there.

What’s the most wins we’ve ever had in Clearwater? 1?

The Curse of Gene continues….
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 2018 Beat USF, lost to UConn, lost to USF 1-2
                              2019 Beat ECU, lost to UConn, beat ECU, lost to UConn 2-2
                              2020 No Tournament
                              2021 Lost to USF, beat Houston, lost to Tulane 1-2
                              2022 Lost to Houston, lost to UCF 0-2
                              2023 Lost to Memphis, Lost to Houston 0-2
                              2024 ?

Comment

• I can live with 2 and que if we just friggin show up to both games and get beat. So tired of the ridiculously poor play in the conference tourneys.

Comment

Working...
                                X