No announcement yet.

WSU vs Charlotte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful senior day. Really happy to see Seth and Caden exit on a very high note.

Tough injuries for Charlotte. Hope those kids are ok.

That made their lineup funky, and will again tomorrow if they can't go.

We can't be Mr. Nice Guy tomorrow. We need to come out and put the hammer to them from the 1st pitch. We literally have everyone available except Tommy and Caden. No excuses. Charlotte has burned more than a few guys and they might be down 2 middle infielders.

Last 5 games we've looked like a tough, solid team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      If any of you guys have a wife that likes, say, small little $10 starter plants -- I'm down for a wife swap.
      I had to laugh at that one!!!

Comment

• I don't know, but getting the game in today seems dicey at best. On paper, we have a huge advantage today, especially if Taylor and Defranco can't go. Keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Happy Mother's Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I don't know, but getting the game in today seems dicey at best. On paper, we have a huge advantage today, especially if Taylor and Defranco can't go. Keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Happy Mother's Day.
          Does it hurt our 3 seed chances pretty badly if we don't get to go today?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't know, but getting the game in today seems dicey at best. On paper, we have a huge advantage today, especially if Taylor and Defranco can't go. Keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Happy Mother's Day.
            I think we get a game in. May not make it to a full 9 innings. Doesn't look any real heavy rain and may move through by noon. Do you know what the drop dead time is for Charlotte to catch their flight?

Comment

• Can we push the game to 10am and agree on 7 innings?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Does it hurt our 3 seed chances pretty badly if we don't get to go today?
                Just off the top of my head, I don't think it's a huge thing. It takes away the tiebreaker advantage vs FAU & UAB but we're still ahead and in control of staying ahead of those 2. Charlotte loses the game too so it puts them essentially 2 games from passing us with only 3 remaining. We lose the tiebreaker with Tulane, so being a half game behind them doesn't really hurt.

If Tulane beats ECU again today and we don't play, it hurts. But if they lose, hooray, but it was like that anyway. We need Tulane to lose more than we need to win.

Again, just off the top of my very fatigued head, the results we would want today are, in order of importance:

ECU over Tulane (1pm New Orleans weather looks fine)

USF over UTSA (11am San Antonio weather looks to hold off until after the game) Bulls winning would keep alive hope for us to finish 2nd. Slim hopes.

WSU over Charlotte (11am Wichita weather is going to be dicey. Rain will be all around).

WSU rained out with Charlotte. Winning is better than not playing, but not by much.

MemphEx over UAB (1pm Birmingham weather looks fine) I've waffled on what I want here. Doesn't matter, we need to beat MemphEx no matter what.

FAU and Rice finished their series last night to avoid weather today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think we get a game in. May not make it to a full 9 innings. Doesn't look any real heavy rain and may move through by noon. Do you know what the drop dead time is for Charlotte to catch their flight?
                  Pretty sure I heard 430pm (which would be about right for a 633 American Flight to connect in Dallas to Charlotte tonight). Couldn't swear that's the time, but like I said, that's what I overheard.

Comment

Pretty sure I heard 430pm (which would be about right for a 633 American Flight to connect in Dallas to Charlotte tonight). Couldn't swear that's the time, but like I said, that's what I overheard.
                    So if, if that's the case we should be okay if we can get started by 1:00pm.

Comment

• Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 12, 2024, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Are the middle infielders back for Charlotte today?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          ​​
                          No image

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Are the middle infielders back for Charlotte today?
                            Appear to be in the lineup. Good to see.

Comment

• Some poor ABs in the first outside the Rogers double.

Comment

• Leaving a lot of guys on early. Seems like the only time we rally and threaten is with 2 outs.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X