RPI
    ---
    WSU: 114
    Charlotte: 110

ELO
    ---
    WSU: 128
    Charlotte: 113
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

This is the biggest home series in a long time. Senior weekend vs USF last year was good, but anything better than 3rd in the conference was a bit of a pipe dream. 1st or 2nd was possible but we needed a lot of help. The ECU sweep at home earlier in the season was huge, but it was poorly attended and early enough in the season that it didn't carry the expectations that this series does.

This team is better than I hoped. By a lot. Better than most, I suspect, hoped. Even HCBG I don't think, realistically, expected to be this good. They OBVIOUSLY and genuinely believe a post season run is possible. And so do I.

This is the last time we as fans have a chance to cheer on our Shocks for this season. It's the final time to see a few seniors that have given their entire careers to WSU. A couple of guys that chose WSU later in their careers too. The weather is going to be dynamite. Softball shouldn't interfere with your plans.

Charlotte is decent. Not great but decent. Good enough to beat ECU once and almost had #2 Clemson on Tuesday. In Charlotte, led 12-10 into the 9th. And 12-11 with 2 out and a runner on first. Couldn't get the last out. Trailed 14-12 to the bottom of the 9th and still battled to put runners on 2nd and 3rd, no out. Couldn't get anyone home. Clemson had brought in one of their best starters to close. Grasping at straws, so to speak, to hold Charlotte down. It's a shame it didn't burn them. They also lost at Clemson earlier in the year 8-5, the Tigers assisted by 4 unearned runs. They're plenty of competition for us.

Their hitters are patient and will not swing at a lot of balls. And they have plenty of pop. They will challenge our pitching. Their staff is a big ole Johnny Wholestaff. Four pitchers have over 20 appearances, 7 total over 17. You'll likely see a lot of 49r arms this weekend. Only one of those pitchers has an ERA under 4.00 and that kid, AJ Wilson, is 3.98. They can walk you, they can hit you and you can definitely hit them. Same game plan as always. Limit the free passes, play clean in the field and get quality ABs.

Win the series and 3rd is very much in the picture. Sweep the series and it's full steam ahead to Clearwater. Lose the series and we're hoping for 6 or 7. Get swept and pray we can win in Memphis.

Consider this a personal plea to get to the Eck tomorrow. If you listened to HCBG on Tuesday, it matters when they get support. Let's show them what ShockerNation can do.

Go Shocks!

Comment

And it should be gorgeous outside!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        And it should be gorgeous outside!
        Friday and Saturday should be absolutely GLORIOUS. Sunday has changed in the last couple of days.....but for now any weather is expected to hold off until later. However, it's the midwest and we're 3 days away and things can change. Don't be surprised if the Sunday game is moved up, again, to noon or even 11 if weather looks like it might move in. Probably should even keep late Saturday afternoon open in case they decide to play 2 on Saturday.

No matter the weather, please get to the game!

Comment

Excited to be out there. Probably for all 3. This team almost lost me a couple times this year but they just keep fighting.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Got my tickets! Is it 6pm yet?!? Let's GOOO!!!

Comment

image.png

Comment

Hopefully, the guys will be inspired by the show they watched Addie B put on over the last 2 days. They might even show up again today at Wilkins Stadium, at least for a while. Not sure what their pre-game routine is.

Comment

I did not realize that Derek Williams was leading the AAC in home runs.

When the Shocks signed Derek he looked like a guy with some good pop. But I was a little concerned he might be an all or nothing kind of guy. But that has not been the case at all.

Derek leads the Shocks in BA at .335, RBI's at 40, OB% at .434, SLG% at .671 giving him an OPS of 1.105. He is 2nd on the team in getting hit by pitches (17 vs 19 for Jordan Rogers) and on a team that doesn't run much he is 3rd in stolen bases at 4-4 behind the 6-6 and 6-7 for the Johnson duo of Cam and Davyn.

Definitely a recruiting win for the Shocks.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 10, 2024, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I did not realize that Derek Williams was leading the AAC in home runs.

When the Shocks signed Derek he looked like a guy with some good pop. But I was a little concerned he might be an all or nothing kind of guy. But that has not been the case at all.

Derek leads the Shocks in BA at .335, RBI's at 40, OB% at .434, SLG% at .671 giving him an OPS of 1.105. He is 2nd on the team in getting hit by pitches (17 vs 19 for Jordan Rogers) and on a team that doesn't run much he is 3rd in stolen bases at 4-4 behind the 6-6 and 6-7 for the Johnson duo of Cam and Davyn.

Definitely a recruiting win for the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      You kindof tune it out after spending a weekend watching it, but man that looks like a beer league softball field.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

You kindof tune it out after spending a weekend watching it, but man that looks like a beer league softball field.
                        Let's stop bitchin' about Eck for a moment:

Comment

And someone PROVE to me that's not a prison in the background:

Comment

It has freakin' guard towers people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              And someone PROVE to me that's not a prison in the background:

What league you been playin' in?

California Penal.

Never heard of it.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X