Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Very cool idea.

I can tell you that our interactions with the young men in the baseball program the last couple of seasons have already made a couple of lifelong Shocker fans. They have given more time, attention and kindness than could possibly be expected. We're excited to get plugged in to more of the teams this athletic year.
    Not just with baseball (although baseball, imho, does a fantastic job of perpetuating this) but across athletics, THIS is where the real value and payoff, for fans, exist. Just my humble opinion.

I wouldn't trade my interactions with the people (student athletes, coaches, families, other fans, staff, etc) for all the wins in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ooh yeah, I might buy a couple of these and donate them!
      Great idea. I wonder if they could like partner with Big Brothers and Big sisters or some organization like that. I'd donate a couple since I don't have kids. Would be cool to have an official way to do that and drive interest in younger kids to be future shocker fans (or shockers themselves)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Great idea. I wonder if they could like partner with Big Brothers and Big sisters or some organization like that. I'd donate a couple since I don't have kids. Would be cool to have an official way to do that and drive interest in younger kids to be future shocker fans (or shockers themselves)
        Awesome! Maybe someone could pass this up the pipeline, or perhaps HCKB could mention it at the next department head meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Big Brothers-Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Clubs and even the organization that occupies space on the WSU campus, the Greater Wichita YMCA come to mind.

Comment

Working...
          X