Stephenson Stadium - it's time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Also, League 42 for sure, maybe all little league teams, should be given season tickets in the bleachers. Maybe show a good grade card, I don't know. Something. Also some kind of kids package they can buy for a minimal price or somehow earn (bat boy duties, dragging the infield....shagging flies....again, something) that gets them an NIL type t shirt of favorite player, Shocker yeti, flying W baseball hat....again, IDK but something at a reasonable price for those kids (or again, earn it somehow).

Maybe a couple of levels of kids packages. Something free, and something more that costs a bit. Get creative.

I LOVE the idea where the 1B bleachers are turned into some kind of party deck. When they replace the seats, a small group needs to be a different color for the kids. I'd have NO problem with a section for active military as well. Camo seats.
    They could/should do more, but I recommend the Junior Shocker Club. I think it was like $35 this year and includes free GA tix to everything but MBB. Comes with a little SWAGBAG and a few events throughout the year to interact with the teams. Does not take long to recoup your money on tickets. First time buyer this year and am hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

They could/should do more, but I recommend the Junior Shocker Club. I think it was like $35 this year and includes free GA tix to everything but MBB. Comes with a little SWAGBAG and a few events throughout the year to interact with the teams. Does not take long to recoup your money on tickets. First time buyer this year and am hooked.
      Love it!

Honestly I can't complain about the strides they've made this season. Tom Kosich comes through, yet AGAIN, and that piece is a winner. They opened up the outfield again. Winner. The RV thing? Not my thing but I suspect it will eventually take off. TBD

In no particular order:

Name the complex after Gene.
      Refurbish and upgrade the suites. They are great outside, need work inside.
      AA Club needs a big freshening. The seats outside need some drainage areas too.
      I'd like to see about the top of GA (floor 2) converted to more suites and at least one concession area with the removal of several rows of rarely used seats.
      I would still like the outfield hill to be built up somehow. Wasted space close to the fence. Build up the hill to block the parking lot view. More places for chairs and to sit.
      Left field? The bleachers are old and unwanted. Another party deck or walking standing area with adult concessions (Crabby Shack like area for those that have been to Clearwater). Make it a destination area, even if you open it only sometimes.
      If you need to break up the replacing of the seats, start with replacing field box seats. Remove at least one seat per row to increase comfort and leg room. Get the color right.
      GrainGang dedicated area. These kids have been fantastic, their energy matters and at least as long as they want to carry on and pass on the tradition, give them or at least make those front row seats available to them at discount or student pricing.
      League42/Little League dedicated area.
      Military/First Responders dedicated area. Celebrated every game.
      Remodel the 1B bleacher area to seated/bench table area, perhaps with high end service. Perhaps the opposite, freebie area.
      Personal gripe. Look, I'm old. Too often I have to plan around the bathroom. But can we please get rid of the portapotties? Build another concession/restroom area in the outfield or include it with a new ticket area. They're just awful. I understand they meet a need. Just please do different/better.
      Scoreboard. It's good, but past time to be better. A LOT better. Bigger, sturdier, HD...the works.

My one beef...and it's a biggie....is that this entire MOTHER****ER could have already been paid for if someone would have had the foresight and testicles to step and do what needed to be done 2 seasons ago or last season (or even this season although it's probably too late). The brass ring was there for the taking and nobody stepped up.

Comment

Also, kudos on dropping the 9/11 airport level security. That was the dumbest thing ever.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think O-State has an area just for their greeks. Has bbq grills etc., set aside just for them. While WSU greek system isn’t that of the Pokes, it would be cool in left field to have something like the “Greek Seats”, party deck. (Of course there are those in the WSU administration who probably wouldn’t like it or would say it isn’t diverse enough…that alone would shoot this idea down).

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            I think O-State has an area just for their greeks. Has bbq grills etc., set aside just for them. While WSU greek system isn’t that of the Pokes, it would be cool in left field to have something like the “Greek Seats”, party deck. (Of course there are those in the WSU administration who probably wouldn’t like it or would say it isn’t diverse enough…that alone would shoot this idea down).
            I know this would displace some people, but have one of the sections right around the visiting dugout be the student section. Then teach them how to do good ol' heckling.

"Take him out! Leave him in! Take him out! Leave him in!"

I remember many years ago someone had a telephone bell hooked up to a battery that they smuggled into the stadium. Would start ringing it when we started bashing an opposing pitcher. Now we could just use our phones!
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Love it!

Honestly I can't complain about the strides they've made this season. Tom Kosich comes through, yet AGAIN, and that piece is a winner. They opened up the outfield again. Winner. The RV thing? Not my thing but I suspect it will eventually take off. TBD

In no particular order:

I'd like to see about the top of GA (floor 2) converted to more suites and at least one concession area with the removal of several rows of rarely used seats.
              I would still like the outfield hill to be built up somehow. Wasted space close to the fence. Build up the hill to block the parking lot view. More places for chairs and to sit.
              Left field? The bleachers are old and unwanted. Another party deck or walking standing area with adult concessions (Crabby Shack like area for those that have been to Clearwater). Make it a destination area, even if you open it only sometimes.
              If you need to break up the replacing of the seats, start with replacing field box seats. Remove at least one seat per row to increase comfort and leg room. Get the color right.
              GrainGang dedicated area. These kids have been fantastic, their energy matters and at least as long as they want to carry on and pass on the tradition, give them or at least make those front row seats available to them at discount or student pricing.
              Remodel the 1B bleacher area to seated/bench table area, perhaps with high end service. Perhaps the opposite, freebie area.
              Personal gripe. Look, I'm old. Too often I have to plan around the bathroom. But can we please get rid of the portapotties? Build another concession/restroom area in the outfield or include it with a new ticket area. They're just awful. I understand they meet a need. Just please do different/better.
              Scoreboard. It's good, but past time to be better. A LOT better. Bigger, sturdier, HD...the works.

My one beef...and it's a biggie....is that this entire MOTHER****ER could have already been paid for if someone would have had the foresight and testicles to step and do what needed to be done 2 seasons ago or last season (or even this season although it's probably too late). The brass ring was there for the taking and nobody stepped up.
              Fireable offense.
              78-65

Comment

Outside of a few memorable Regional and Super Regional games, the new Eck has been a morgue since the day it opened. It just swallows up a crowd and needs a minimum 4000 + butts in seat to generate any kind of home field advantage. The Blue box seat needs to be completely torn out and rebuilt. There are obstructed views, to many rows, to many seats in a row and way to shallow of a pitch. The backstop needs to be about 6 feet tall so you can't see empty seat behind it. The stadium atmosphere looks terrible when televised. I haven't been up in the all American club in a decade but it sounds like it needs a refresh as well. I love the idea of a party plaza on the first base side. I'm guessing most of the Hell raisers that sat there are dead so they won't mind. With all that said, becoming nationally relevant again has to be priority #1, not the stadium. The NIL era allows us to fundraise and recruit pitchers like we haven't had since the 80s and 90s.
                Last edited by Shockerman; 1 week ago.

Comment

Love it!

In no particular order:

Please expand on this????

Comment

Love it!

In no particular order:

Don’t forget an LED lighting upgrade, really a neat feature.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                    X