No announcement yet.

WSU at UTSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could only tune in for a second, can someone recap what all that was about?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Johnson just get tossed?

Comment

DWill with a niiice catch!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Dayvin Johnson was ejected. Why?

Comment

No. I'm trying to reach out to people there, but I don't expect responses during the game.

I think Dayvin has been tossed. Why, I have no idea.

****ing joke. UTSA baseball has entered the chat of ******* and ****ups that I will dislike as long as they are in the league.

Lane to center. Seth to right. UTSA struggles to get their walmart equipment to work.

Dayvin had to leave, a coach and family was in tow. Not sure where they are going.

Unreal.

Comment

Birge at bat: (recap, may have something to do with what followed):

Birge grounds out to pitcher after a long at bat. Pitcher stares down Birge and shows him the ball (arm extended) all the while Birge runs to 1st. The pitcher eventually tosses the ball to the 1st baseman, and the 1st baseman elbows Birge. (At least thats what I saw).

Later, after a flyout to CF, Johnson gets tossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Could only tune in for a second, can someone recap what all that was about?
                They didn't explain why.

Comment

That was a hell of a catch by DWill for the first out.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I want our boys to pour gasoline on this fire. UTSA pitcher acting like an asshat.

6-2 Shox and I want more.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Birge at bat: (recap, may have something to do with what followed):

Birge grounds out to pitcher after a long at bat. Pitcher stares down Birge and shows him the ball (arm extended) all the while Birge runs to 1st. The pitcher eventually tosses the ball to the 1st baseman, and the 1st baseman elbows Birge. (At least thats what I saw).

Later, after a flyout to CF, Johnson gets tossed.

The ump was chasing Dayvin so he probably said something as he rounded first, but that's just a guess.

I don't think his family was "run" but I don't know. I think there's no place to be other than the dugout, and he has to be out of the game...probably had to leave the field. I hope to hell he didn't say anything afterwards or he'll miss the Game 2 of the DH. Otherwise, he should be able to play.

Welcome back Jaden Gustafson who is 2-2 with a walk (2 doubles) today. Unfortunately, Kam left him at 2nd with no outs on 3 straight strikes, the last looking. That will be it for the Roadrunner ace who's at 97 pitches. Tough call on strike 3 but I think he went. That being said, strike 1 was 17 feet outside and yet another shitty call against us.

Camden grounds out moving Gus to 3rd. But 2 outs now. Seriously though, that's the type of half swing that results in a base hit for UTSA.

Gannon Snyder pinch hits for Birge. Need a hit here badly. Ball 1, ball 2 almost gets away to score Jaden anyway. Another bounced. 3-0. Lane waiting, salivating on deck. Strike 1. 3-1. I doubt they give GS much to hit. They don't and he walks. First and third and still 2 outs.

Gift strike one that may have never crossed the plate. Misses wide. 1-1. Beautiful piece of hitting as Lane goes the other way and dumps one to left to score Gus.

Now first and second with 2 outs. 5-2. Jordan up.

Jordo blisters a 2-0 pitch into center to score Gannon, 6-2!

DWill up first and third 2 out.

Ball 1 called a strike (it was a good pitch). Ball 2. 1-1. Williams blisters one to left for a single and it's 7-2. Still 1st and 2nd with 2 outs. If there's a baseball god that doesn't hate us, Stroh will lose one here.

Fouls a deuce, strike one. Let's a fastball go by 0-2. He should have murdered that. High and wide, 1-2. In the dirt, 2-2. In the dirt again, full. Ball 4. Good eye Seth!

Bases full for Mo. This pitcher is VERY close to balking. Mo flies out to end the inning. 7-2 bottom 6. These announcers sound good but are clueless.

Comment

Tuned back in, legitimately sounds like more Shocker fans than UTSA supporters
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Is that a prison behind their field??

Comment

Ok...7-2 lead. If ever we needed to get a shut down inning, it's here. Don't want to get them started at all.

And of course Favors makes a great pitch but the hitter gets enough of it to bloop over Kam at short. Leadoff on.

Next pitch is grounded to 3rd where Cam tries to start a double play but we're just late at first. Next pitch we DO turn the 4-6-3 twin killing. Very nice.

7-2 top 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Is that a prison behind their field??
                              Elite San Antonio housing.

Comment

Not a huge fan of bunting there, but it was executed very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X