Gene Stephenson NIL donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Doesn’t matter to me if he’s throwing money from the top of the All American Club, Coach can do absolutely no wrong and this program and every Shocker alumni everywhere has everything to thank him for.
    Perhaps that will inspire some of our more well-heeled baseball alums to open up their wallets a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps that will inspire some of our more well-heeled baseball alums to open up their wallets a bit more.
      I think one of the misconceptions is that donations need to be $500k to be impactful. $10-$20k can do a lot to help the student athlete/players life.

Locker Room upgrades, study areas, nutritional filling stations, weight room improvements, a separate locker room for former WSU players to be able to come back and train/prepare for spring training.

The small things all add up to a major increase in student athlete experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I think one of the misconceptions is that donations need to be $500k to be impactful. $10-$20k can do a lot to help the student athlete/players life.

Locker Room upgrades, study areas, nutritional filling stations, weight room improvements, a separate locker room for former WSU players to be able to come back and train/prepare for spring training.

The small things all add up to a major increase in student athlete experience.
        And those things can be done directly with SASO and the athletic department, which would be a good avenue if you find the whole NIL system distasteful.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It’s time to tear the Eck name off the stadium and name it in honor or Gene.
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Interesting.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Interesting in that Gene is "Thinking about it all the time...I'm doing everything I can" Perhaps if more people had this attitude and did all THEY could instead of wringing their hands and whining about how bad things are it might actually get better.

Comment

I love that Gene did this, it speaks to his character and love of the program. I love that he says "we" built this which is everybody from his ex wife to Darren Dreifort to every volunteer assistant coach. Unfortunately, $600,000 is a drop in the bucket in today's world. Hopefully his gift will spark 10 others to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X