Gene Stephenson NIL donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Stephenson NIL donation

Wichita State University Athletics and the Shocker Baseball program are proud to announce a $600,000 planned gift – restricted to future support of the baseball program - by 2014 National College Baseball Hall of Fame inductee and former Shocker head coach Gene Stephenson.

$600k donation, plus a recurring $20k. Pretty cool.

Gene Gene The Dancing Machine...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Would love to see FHCGM do something similar; it's time to start repairing that open wound... of course, he might not be able to.

Comment

The last two nights must’ve been the boiling point for Gene.

Comment

Thank you Gene. Thank you Jana.

Comment

Skip may have just once again changed the future of our program.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Wow. This announcement makes my day. Thanks Gene !

Comment

We're down to two choices; do nothing and let everything we've worked for continue to crumble, or take the 'bull by the horns' and try to make a difference.

Comment

This has to be a kind of statement about how much Gene believes in Green, to some extent. He certainly wouldn't do this with no confidence in the current head coach, I wouldn't think.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Is Stephenson traveling with the team? I haven't been to a game this year, but it seems like he's at least at every home game.

Comment

Any rumblings on how much that is? Just curious to compare it, I've heard of rough figures for basketball NIL's at bigger schools but not sure I have an idea of what baseball looks like.

Either way, awesome move by Gene. Kudos to him.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                        Any rumblings on how much that is? Just curious to compare it, I've heard of rough figures for basketball NIL's at bigger schools but not sure I have an idea of what baseball looks like.

Either way, awesome move by Gene. Kudos to him.
                        There are lots of variables. For instance, at USF, they pay out Alston funds to softball (reported). Seems likely they do that for baseball. That's $5,980 to EVERY player, every year. Not related to NIL. So they start $5,980 ahead of us. That's for walkons too (assuming they make the academic progress required).

Comment

After getting pushed out the door, Gene drops $600k to the program. Pretty awesome and shows a lot about him.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The way I read it is that he is donating $600,000 to the baseball program. In addition, he is going to donate $20,000 a year to NIL specifically for the baseball program. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, Gene is putting his money where his mouth is. Go Shox!
                            Last edited by Shockerman; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                              The way I read it is that he is donating $600,000 to the baseball program. In addition, he is going to donate $20,000 a year to NIL specifically for the baseball program. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way, Gene is putting his money where his mouth is. Go Shox!
                              Doesn’t matter to me if he’s throwing money from the top of the All American Club, Coach can do absolutely no wrong and this program and every Shocker alumni everywhere has everything to thank him for.
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                              X