WSU at USF (Apr 5-7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible zone today
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Damn. Confused on what the hell has happened to us honestly
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Our defense has been a ****ing joke today and Stroh is the worst offender.

Comment

I’m not sure what all of you expected, but this is a young team, which in my opinion is exceeding expectations so far. go shocks,!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            No need to throw strikes in this game for the USF pitchers apparently. Just get it to the catcher out of the dirt and they will call it a strike.
            Exactly how it was yesterday too.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
              I’m not sure what all of you expected, but this is a young team, which in my opinion is exceeding expectations so far. go shocks,!
              I agree with this, but we CAN perform at a high level. We know we can. So lets keep doing it.

Comment

We have overachieved a bit, but if anyone had told people on this board last summer we would be 19-12 at this point there isn’t a single one of us that wouldn’t have been exceedingly happy and if you say different, your expectations are about as realistic as Willie Nelson quitting weed smoking.

Comment

We havent quit. Come on boys!

Comment

Terrible zone costs the Shockers a chance at tying the game with that 1 foot outside called strike

Comment

At least the guys didn't totally rollover. That meltdown with 2-outs in the 2nd was a killer. After 2 outs on 5 pitches, single, hit by pitch, home run, double, single, single and 4 runs before getting out of the inning. Definitely going to have to look at the half inning on replay.

Comment

Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
                        I’m not sure what all of you expected, but this is a young team,
                        With how the landscape of college sports has changed, I think the "young team" excuse has no meaning. WSU will probably have either a "young team" or a "team of newcomers" from now on.

which in my opinion is exceeding expectations so far. go shocks,!
                        The ten years of mediocrity have destroyed my expectations in the program. I watch and listen to WSU games, as I watch episodes of The Office or Blue Bloods. There is no emotional attachment to the program like I had in the late 1990s and 2000s. I have been on the fence about whether this team is on the path to a breakout season or is just waiting to implode. It seems they are walking the fine line between failure and success. If this team has a winning season it is probably a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

With how the landscape of college sports has changed, I think the "young team" excuse has no meaning. WSU will probably have either a "young team" or a "team of newcomers" from now on.

The ten years of mediocrity have destroyed my expectations in the program. I watch and listen to WSU games, as I watch episodes of The Office or Blue Bloods. There is no emotional attachment to the program like I had in the late 1990s and 2000s. I have been on the fence about whether this team is on the path to a breakout season or is just waiting to implode. It seems they are walking the fine line between failure and success. If this team has a winning season it is probably a good year.
                          Glad you have a positive outlook! You can’t eat an elephant in one bite! Maybe in your world ?

Comment

A young team of talented Freshman is great if coaches know how to develop them. I don't think this staff has ever had this much talent before and it's showing. They have over used the same pitchers and I have said it on here before, that has been a gigantic mistake. Plenty of blowouts they could have used different pitchers to keep guys fresh and also gain confidence.

Comment

Weren’t you on the Fire Gene bandwagon?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

A young team of talented Freshman is great if coaches know how to develop them. I don't think this staff has ever had this much talent before and it's showing. They have over used the same pitchers and I have said it on here before, that has been a gigantic mistake. Plenty of blowouts they could have used different pitchers to keep guys fresh and also gain confidence.
                                So pitch all your undeveloped arms instead of trying to use the guys that might give you a chance to win. Good choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X