No announcement yet.

WSU vs Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      What were they saving Hickson for? Has the best numbers on the staff.
      Almost without fail when you bring your closer into a game that is not a save situation it does not go well. So far this bottom of the 6th is the epitome of not going well.

Comment

• Loved it that the gave Stroh the green light on a 3-0 pitch. Maybe the fact this has turned into a laugher was mostly behind that but I actaully would like to see guys get the green light on 3-.0 more often.

Comment

What were they saving Hickson for? Has the best numbers on the staff.
          Oh.

Comment

• The only bad thing about this at bat for the Shockers is the long wait and huge lead maymake the decision on to whether LaPour comes out for the 7th.

Comment

• Absolutely loved Darnell Parker line that base hit to right. Need to see a lot more of that from him.

Comment

• Shocks going to give freshman Jeremiah Arnett some work on the mound. Only his 2nd inning of the year.

Comment

• Why are we bringing in Dobbs? Trying to normalize throwing an inning on your bullpen day? I just don't get the point of this. There are 10 guys in the pen that could use an inning.

Comment

Why are we bringing in Dobbs? Trying to normalize throwing an inning on your bullpen day? I just don't get the point of this. There are 10 guys in the pen that could use an inning.
                    Does seem odd, but the way we have pitched this year there does seem to be a method to their madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      This has that feeling of the type of day when the Shox blow out their competition. Feels like 5+ win today.
                      This game was already over in the the 2nd inning, before we even got that 4th run. You could just see the Shox were going to eat their fried Rice.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Good call, however, to get credit you would have had to predicted a 10+ win. Sorry I don't make the rules. Good try though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Good call, however, to get credit you would have had to predicted a 10+ win. Sorry I don't make the rules. Good try though.
                          If I was Rice's coach in the 2nd inning I woulda ordered some beer to be delivered down in the dugout. The Shockers' energy was off the charts.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If I was Rice's coach in the 2nd inning I woulda ordered some beer to be delivered down in the dugout. The Shockers' energy was off the charts.
                            Yes, the culture on this Shocker team so far seems to be really good and you can tell these guys seem to genuinely like each other. In addition, they seem to play pretty relaxed most of the time for such an inexperienced team.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 30, 2024, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Well at least La Pour ended that inning on a high note. Maybe he'll be confident from here out?
                              Tommy is getting to be a kind of "better get to me before I get going" kind of a guy. Once the deuce and change get mixed in he's flippin' lights out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Almost without fail when you bring your closer into a game that is not a save situation it does not go well. So far this bottom of the 6th is the epitome of not going well.
                                #Understatement

This guy has been super all year. What a disaster that was....and Seth's double....holy crap that was hit hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X