RPI
    -----
    WSU: 70
    LBSU: 175

ELO
    ----
    WSU: 90
    LBSU: 39

There's a huge disparity between RPI and ELO still, so this will be an interesting series to say the least.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Long Beach State (9-1-1, 0-0 Big West) vs. Wichita State (7-4, 0-0 American)

Friday, March 8 | 3:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
    LHP Myles Patton (1-0, 2.16) vs. LHP Caden Favors (2-0, 2.11)

Saturday, March 9 | 2:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KNSS 98.7 FM/1330 AM
    RHP Kellen Montgomery (1-0, 1.00) vs. RHP Daniel Zang (2-0, 3.21)

Sunday, March 10 | 1:00 pm CT | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN+ | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
    RHP CJ Hood (1-0, 2.77) vs. RHP Tommy LaPour (1-1, 10.00)

No surprises. Favors, Zang and LaPour. Some impressive ERA's for the Long Beach starters.

SCOUTING LONG BEACH STATE: The Dirtbags come to Wichita as one of the nation's hottest teams, boasting a 9-1-1 record after blanking UCLA on Tuesday night and sweeping Milwaukee over the weekend. The tie came after a 17-inning affair against Washington that was called due to a travel curfew. Long Beach State is led by a talented pitching staff that ranks sixth nationally with an ERA of 2.52 entering play on Friday. The Dirtbags allow just 6.34 hits per nine innings to rank 10th in the country and have already compiled three shutouts on the season. Offensively, Long Beach State has struggled to the tune of a .225/.338/.348 slash line, but the Dirtbags cause havoc on the basepaths with their speed. LBSU has swiped 30 bases to rank 14th in the country, paced by seven from Kansas transfer Jack Hammond. The Dirtbags are led by interim head coach Bryan Peters, who arrived at Long Beach State in June 2019 as Associate Head Coach on Eric Valenzuela's staff. Valenzuela left this past offseason to return to Saint Mary's.

It will be very interesting to see if and how we can score on Long Beach. The Shocks haven't been cashing in much lately. In the last 5 games the Shocks have scored 3 (ORU), 8,4 and 5 (U-Tech) and 3 (OU). OTOH, the Dirtbags are hitting much either but sounds like they are much better at small ball than the Shocks are.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 7, 2024, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Definitely need to break out the bats and find different ways to score.

Comment

Need to find a win.

Bonus points for additional competitive games.

Comment

Are we getting this in today?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Are we getting this in today?
            So far, apparently it's too cold for girls but ok for the guys. Maybe they're expecting warmer temperatures all the way across the street at the Eck.

#Equity

#Privilege

#Title9

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

So far, apparently it's too cold for girls but ok for the guys. Maybe they're expecting warmer temperatures all the way across the street at the Eck.

#Equity

#Privilege

#Title9
              Softball is under AAC rules since it is a conference game. Baseball is a non-conference game and does not HAVE to adhere to conference rules.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Last I knew, the "real feel" for baseball was 27. That certainly may have changed. Still, it makes no sense to have different thresholds. If the NCAA has a "real feel" stop for baseball at 27 (or whatever the degree) then why set it different for anything else?

Comment

I'll be trying to make it out today, against my better judgement.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Last I knew, the "real feel" for baseball was 27. That certainly may have changed. Still, it makes no sense to have different thresholds. If the NCAA has a "real feel" stop for baseball at 27 (or whatever the degree) then why set it different for anything else?
                    Move the start of the season to Mid-March. Even then you will have some cold-ass days. I really dislike cold weather baseball and softball. Make it that much harder to achieve quality play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Move the start of the season to Mid-March. Even then you will have some cold-ass days. I really dislike cold weather baseball and softball. Make it that much harder to achieve quality play.
                      Personally, I think WSU should just start in February and play the first month of the season all in So Cal. SDSU, USD, UCSD, Fullerton, Long Beach, Irvine. That would be ideal...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Personally, I think WSU should just start in February and play the first month of the season all in So Cal. SDSU, USD, UCSD, Fullerton, Long Beach, Irvine. That would be ideal...
                        ….i know your motive.

Comment

I think whoever can play best in their winter uniforms will win.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think whoever can play best in their winter uniforms will win.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Man the chances of running into two brothers (the Borgono brothers) playing for different teams is kinda wild.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X