• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy camera coverage at OU

Comment

Aaaand ESPN+ is doing the time warp every 10
      seconds for me again. Argargarg
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is indeed a pretty crappy camera angle.

Comment

Shox with a nice bang bang, chop chop 6-3-2-2-7-1 or something double play in the 2nd.
          Last edited by Kung Wu; March 5, 2024, 07:12 PM.

Comment

OU used their billion dollar athletic budget to buy 1 webcam for the baseball broadcast. #bigtime Probably cost the Shox an infield single

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              OU used their billion dollar athletic budget to buy 1 webcam for the baseball broadcast. #bigtime Probably cost the Shox an infield single
              Fans in the stands could hold up their mobile phones and give us a better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                You can see the entire field. Won't be much questioning of called balls or strikes. Somewhere on the screen there's a microscopic dot that's the ball.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Shox in a big time jam in the third.

Let’s see what we’re made of
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

We are in deep doo doo in the third. OU has bases loaded and zero outs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You can see the entire field. Won't be much questioning of called balls or strikes. Somewhere on the screen there's a microscopic dot that's the ball.
                      Only in 4k. In HD all you can do is look at the direction their head pixels are pointing to know where the ball probably is.

Comment

Feel fortunate to only be down one after that.

Comment

3 pop ups get out of it with just 1 allowed. Definitely good getting out of that.

Comment

Gotta find some first pitch strikes

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Aaaand ESPN+ is doing the time warp every 10
                              seconds for me again. Argargarg
                              Usually that's a sign of dropped packets. As I recall from my MCSE classes, there's a checksum sent in streams that counts the number of packets sent and received. If the received number is smaller than the sent number, the dropped packets are resent, which is what seems to be happening to you.

Then the question becomes why is your signal dropping packets when other people are not having the same problem.

There are switches that establish subnets between you and your ISP. Those switches feed a relatively small number of users. If that switch is dropping packets, then only you and others feeding off of that switch would be affected. If the users sharing the switch with you are slamming it with heavy download levels, then the switch might not be able to keep up.

My ESPN+ feed this year has been remarkably good. A year ago I was on TMobile's net service. That had complete dropouts sometimes up to 5 minutes. I missed the ends of several games I was trying to watch.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Midweek bats have been very subpar. Weird.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X