Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Weekend: Shox @ Arkansas Little Rock (Feb.16-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    its still a road series win which most probably would have been happy with going into the weekend.
    Little Rock, Arkansas, maybe the best team in the OVC, but it is a terrible conference, and this will be either a quad 3 or 4 loss. So, if you are happy with this series, it is because your expectations are low.

This game should have been a blowout like the first two. LRA did everything thing to hand this game to WSU. WSU hitters peed down their legs.

1st Inning - 2 walks to lead off the inning and a single - 2.3 run expectancy (1 run scored)
    2nd Inning - 2 walks to lead off the inning - 2.6 runs (2)
    3rd Inning - 2 walks to lead off the inning - 1.5 runs (1)
    4th Inning - 1 walk and single w/1 out - 2.6 runs (0)
    5th Inning - Runner at 2nd, 2 outs - 0.3 runs (0)
    6th Inning - Runnder at 2nd 1 out - 0.7 runs (0)
    7th Inning - Runner at 1st, 1 out - 0.5 runs (0)
    8th Inning - Runnder at 1st, 1 out - 0.5 runs (0)
    9th Inning - Runner at 1st, 0 out - 0.9 runs (0)

That is 10.4 runs that should have been scored, only need 6, so they didn't need to overachieve.

If WSU is going to do anything at all, they need more than two effective starters.

Next week, WSU plays Virginia, Auburn, and Iowa. I won't be surprised if WSU record is 2-4 at the end of the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Little Rock, Arkansas, maybe the best team in the OVC, but it is a terrible conference, and this will be either a quad 3 or 4 loss. So, if you are happy with this series, it is because your expectations are low.

This game should have been a blowout like the first two. LRA did everything thing to hand this game to WSU. WSU hitters peed down their legs.

1st Inning - 2 walks to lead off the inning and a single - 2.3 run expectancy (1 run scored)

That is 10.4 runs that should have been scored.

If WSU is going to do anything at all, they need more than two effective starters.

Next week, WSU plays Virginia, Auburn, and Iowa. I won't be surprised if WSU record is 2-4 at the end of the weekend.
      I mean.. yea expectations were low after the last few years ... a new coach .. and a LOT of new players ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I mean.. yea expectations were low after the last few years ... a new coach .. and a LOT of new players ...
        Last few years? It has been over a decade this program has been good.

We are no longer in the build for three years and compete era. Every year is now a reload and restock. Teams that do it well win, and those who don't will lose.

2nd, When a team is handing you the win, you better well take it; if you don't, that is a warning sign.

Comment

• na

Comment

That is 10.4 runs that should have been scored, only need 6, so they didn't need to overachieve.

Whoa, what were your expectations going into the year? Did you voice them anywhere? Omaha?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Last few years? It has been over a decade this program has been good.

We are no longer in the build for three years and compete era. Every year is now a reload and restock. Teams that do it well win, and those who don't will lose.

2nd, When a team is handing you the win, you better well take it; if you don't, that is a warning sign.
              This may have eluded you but it’s the 3rd game of the year…. Lighten up, Francis…. If it turns disastrous, you can be Nostradamus

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This isn't meant to be denigrating in any way, shape or form.

I doubt we have an all conference guy at any position. If Mo hits .350+ he'll be in the running but I don't see anyone else.

We don't have the horses this season. That doesn't mean we can't win, just that we'll have to be a great team. To be honest, the series went almost totally opposite from what I would have expected. I figured Friday was probably a 6-9 to 1 loss, Saturday maybe 10-6 loss and we could scrape out a 8-6 type win today.

Instead, we got 2 boatraces and a competitive Sunday game that we should have won. Better than expectations imho. I'd kill for that metric from either basketball program.

Virginia struggled today but swept. Auburn won easily. Iowa was doubled up by Lehigh 8-4.

This weekend will be tough. About like a regional. Maybe tougher. Let's see how far we have to go, but let's go in full tilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

This may have eluded you but it’s the 3rd game of the year…. Lighten up, Francis…. If it turns disastrous, you can be Nostradamus
                    Hold on there MJ… The only Nostradamus on this board is your pal.
                    Never has there been a poster that has the “talent” to write so much and say so little except of course when it came to his bromance with The Butler.

Comment

March 31, 1989 WSU lost to Lewis & Clark. It's baseball loses happen. They showes alot of promise this weekend and hopefully they build on that promise.

Comment

• 2 wins one loss in the first weekend with a new coaching staff and a whole passel of new/young guys. I'll take it and twice any other time. Room for improvement on Sundays performance but that is what happens early in the season. I would think there are still parts that will be given a look see in the early stages of the season and little cast in stone except for a few exceptions. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          This isn't meant to be denigrating in any way, shape or form.

I doubt we have an all conference guy at any position. If Mo hits .350+ he'll be in the running but I don't see anyone else.

We don't have the horses this season. That doesn't mean we can't win, just that we'll have to be a great team. To be honest, the series went almost totally opposite from what I would have expected. I figured Friday was probably a 6-9 to 1 loss, Saturday maybe 10-6 loss and we could scrape out a 8-6 type win today.

Instead, we got 2 boatraces and a competitive Sunday game that we should have won. Better than expectations imho. I'd kill for that metric from either basketball program.

Virginia struggled today but swept. Auburn won easily. Iowa was doubled up by Lehigh 8-4.

This weekend will be tough. About like a regional. Maybe tougher. Let's see how far we have to go, but let's go in full tilt.
                          This was on the top of my mind this morning when I saw Taylor E tweet out the grid of who left and where they went again... Good god we lost a ton of players to big-time Power Five programs. A ton of high-end talent... that never accomplished anything here.

Would be great to have the opposite happen.

Comment

• Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Really good job by Coach Green in his inauguaral Shocker coach's show I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X