2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Daniel Zang is a Juco recruit. Looks like right handed starting pitcher. Freshman year was 5-3, 4.43 ERA, 63 K's in 40 IP. His problem looks to be walks (30).

Fast Ball is 90-93
    Change-up 80-82
    Slider 76-78

Playing summer ball with the Rochester Honkers in the Northwoods league

https://northwoodsleague.com/rochest...layer/?id=6596
    I like this signing. Experienced kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

"Huge Day" ?????

Good Day maybe a Great Day, but it's this pushing the "excitement" a little over the top?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The freshman stats do not appear that strong, particularly when you look at his summer ball numbers. The good is his 3-2 record with a 3.46 ERA. The questionable stat is 23 walks with 18 strikeouts in 26 innings, while having more walks than strikeouts in 5 of his 6 games.
      Shox need experienced arms at this point. He is a great fit at this point.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong. The freshman stats do not appear that strong, particularly when you look at his summer ball numbers. The good is his 3-2 record with a 3.46 ERA. The questionable stat is 23 walks with 18 strikeouts in 26 innings, while having more walks than strikeouts in 5 of his 6 games.
        Lets be honest - if he had great stats as Freshman, he wouldn't coming to WSU. He does have nice stuff. Hopefully, after having his freshman year and summer ball under his belt, he takes a step forward his sophomore year.

He is playing in Northwoods, which is wood bat league. So he is facing pretty good competition which if doesn't crush him, will help in his development.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          If you have ESPN+ they broadcast quite a few Northwoods League games. Might have a chance to see him (and 1 or 2 current and former Shockers) the next couple of weeks.
          you can download Northwoods app and watch for free

Comment

"Huge Day" ?????

Good Day maybe a Great Day, but it's this pushing the "excitement" a little over the top?

He also hit 12 guys and played in a bad D2 JUCO league.

Comment

• Comment

• F*CK, Tolle was just announced as transferring to TCU. Guessing someone threw a bag of $ at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                  F*CK, Tolle was just announced as transferring to TCU. Guessing someone threw a bag of $ at him.
                  Not surprised one bit. Moving on. Shocker baseball. Not former shocker player baseball.

Comment

• Knew we would lose some players due to coaching change and $$$. Now it’s time to dig in, support who we do have. NIL will get adjusted with tighter rules, but I won’t miss those that left. Once a Shocker always a Shocker no longer applies in this day and age.
                    Can’t blame ‘em, just not interested in them any longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      F*CK, Tolle was just announced as transferring to TCU. Guessing someone threw a bag of $ at him.
                      I seriously doubt it was money that drove his decision.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

I seriously doubt it was money that drove his decision.
                        Probably not. But I am guessing it didn't hurt and wouldn't blame him at all.

Comment

• Recruited out of Juco by Green at Wash State.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Recruited out of Juco by Green at Wash State.

Calling Baton Rouge.

Comment

• Make anyone feel slightly better about a Freshman pitching right away next year...?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Calling Baton Rouge.
                                Doubtful on this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X