2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Maybe I am was too far up my own ass when they announced Green. But more are back than I thought there would be.
    There will be more. Kids want to play, and guys know there are open positions here. Plus, it's not like there's tons of NIL money for everyone, only the really elite players for the most part.

Of the 35, 7 are back and 1 more name is likely to be announced soon, 6 are confirmed gone & 6 more are all but certainly gone. That leaves 15 somewhat in doubt. Of those 15 (and not to be mean but) at least 5 are in the category of "probably don't want them back anyway". So 10 more questionable returnees. I would like to think (hope) that we could get at least half back.

For me at least, a huge "win" would be the "right 5" of the 10 questionable and 1-2 of the 6 almost certainly gone.

Seems to me that would show that the staff is winning over the players and other things are in place.

Regardless though, the elephant in the room is that we have almost no pitching. We need roughly (at least) 425 (quality) innings that as of today aren't on the roster. I don't know how you overcome that on June 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Seems to me that would show that the staff is winning over the players and other things are in place.
      I’m still wondering who the staff is, beyond Green and Claggett.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post

I’m still wondering who the staff is, beyond Green and Claggett.
        The official Baseball Coach List for the Washington State University Cougars

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                What was the story behind him redshirting this past season?

Comment

• Injuries in the fall. FWIW, Pelf was excited about his potential prior to the injury.

Clearly not one of my preferred 5 as mentioned previously.

Also, Caden Favors to KState.....and that was one of my preferred 5.

Comment

• Just saw this. I don't know anything about him.

Comment

• Looks like played a year in juco, then to Western Illinois. As a redshirt Sophomore, he had one appearance, faced two batters, walked them both.

Ummm . . .

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm sure this is wishful thinking, but I wonder if Tolle and maybe others were encouraged to enter the portal to check their worth, with a promise to give us a chance before signing anywhere else? I know, I know, I need to face reality. What really pisses me off, is I know there are 'money' people in Wichita who could easily fund all the NIL we'd ever need... seriously, that's a fact. Are they just going to let the ship slowly sink?

What??? You’re mad because people don’t want to do what you want them to with THEIR money instead of what they want?

if you want to fund or help fund an NIL that’s certainly your prerogative. But no one should EXPECT anyone to help fund it regardless of how much they may have.

IMO the NIL is ridiculous. But it’s what is being permitted so those that want to be involved certainly can. I would not be involved if I was the wealthiest person in the Wichita area. Just not where I would want to use my money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Doc, one of your preferred 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Looks like played a year in juco, then to Western Illinois. As a redshirt Sophomore, he had one appearance, faced two batters, walked them both.

Ummm . . .
                              Looks like he’s been training at Tread. He posted a video yesterday, prior to the commitment where he was 88-90 and T94. Probably went and trained at Tread, saw a jump in his stuff, and turned that into an opportunity at WSU.

We’ll see if it works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Just saw this. I don't know anything about him.

Was fairly well thought of by Perfect Game out of HS. Tall lanky righty topping out in the low 90's. His stats aren't going to impress. Not sure if there were injury issues or what.

Comment

Working...
                                X