Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Dennis Interview with Mike Pelfrey (State of WSU Baseball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Not all of them. Most of them want to be able to get a degree in the subject they desire, at the best school that provides that without going hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

Many also would rather play at a competitive school vs sit the bench at a top 10 program.

I say these things over and over again, and everyone is still so spoiled by what Gene did, they don’t realize these facts. Maybe they will believe Mike Pelphrey? We live in a world where to 65% of the baseball world, Wichita State and the 80’s and 90’s is the same as San Francisco in the NCAA basketball Tournament in the 50’s or Oakland Raiders in the NFL in the 60’s-70’s.

It has been 15 years since our last NCAA Tournament game win. None of the kids these days remembers a thing about the old days. And nobody will remember Shocker baseball at all if we don’t get the stands back full of fans cheering and supporting our Shockers.

11.7 scholarships doesn’t go very far. We need to expand In-State to include a few more Regional States (KS, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado). Then we don’t have to have as much NIL. That helps close the gap.

We also need more dinners hosted by Shocker fans. Make them feel at home.

We can still close this gap, but damn if it doesn’t seem the SN Faithful would rather just sit around and b!tch about what used to be.
    Good post and I’m not sure I agree with you regularly. You don’t have to be rich to go. I went to six games this year and watched the rest on plus if they were on.

Comment

Working...
    X