#3 in doubles allowed
    #3 in batters SO looking
    #1 in earned runs allowed
    #1 in hits allowed
    #2 in opposing batting average
    #2 in runs allowed
    #3 in sac bunts allowed
    #3 in sac flies allowed

And I don't give a crap how our stats looked when Pelfrey was rebuilding this pitching staff under the supervision of a guy so drunk he was passing out in front of parents and players, or cutting his teeth under TB.

He can recruit, he can relate to our pitchers, and now we know for sure that he can coach.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Because we were #2 in ERA, and ...
      #1 in walks allowed
      #3 in triples allowed
      #3 in doubles allowed
      #3 in batters SO looking
      #1 in earned runs allowed
      #1 in hits allowed
      #2 in opposing batting average
      #2 in runs allowed
      #3 in sac bunts allowed
      #3 in sac flies allowed

And I don't give a crap how our stats looked when Pelfrey was rebuilding this pitching staff under the supervision of a guy so drunk he was passing out in front of parents and players, or cutting his teeth under TB.

He can recruit, he can relate to our pitchers, and now we know for sure that he can coach.
      Being #2 or #3 in American Conference statistics is not the greatest thing to be bragging about. Our league’s pitching is notoriously awful as a whole. That was some modest sugarcoating. How well do our numbers stack up nationally?

The info you presented made it seem like our offense was awful or was to blame, which of course, isn’t quite the case.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Being #2 or #3 in American Conference statistics is not the greatest thing to be bragging about. Our league’s pitching is notoriously awful as a whole. That was some modest sugarcoating. How well do our numbers stack up nationally?

The info you presented made it seem like our offense was awful or was to blame, which of course, isn’t quite the case.
        Looks like we were Top 30 nationally in ERA. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/team/211

Comment

And 232nd in fielding percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
            And 232nd in fielding percentage.
            Therein lies much of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
              Looks like we were Top 30 nationally in ERA. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/team/211
              More impressive is WHIP at 18th nationally and 9th in SO/BB ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Therein lies much of the problem
                So pitching wasn’t as much of an issue. Sure seemed like we didn’t have any guys we could trust outside of Tolle late.

Fielding and fundamentals look to be a huge problem, which would ultimately be on whose shoulders? Hibbs right?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After listening to MP on the SD show, wouldn’t surprise me if MP remains as pitching coach. Pretty smart move by KS.
                  Makes sense to keep MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    After listening to MP on the SD show, wouldn’t surprise me if MP remains as pitching coach. Pretty smart move by KS.
                    Makes sense to keep MP.
                    OTOH, a similar move to retain Brent K when Todd Butler waw hired didn't exactly pan out all that well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

OTOH, a similar move to retain Brent K when Todd Butler waw hired didn't exactly pan out all that well.
                      Are these two circumstances equal comparisons? Brent wasn’t the reason that the Todd Butler regime went down into the toilet. Recruitment of pitchers went down even farther, and Butler prided himself as the Ace recruiter.

Comment

Safe to assume Brent survives the athletic purges?

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          I would assume with his connections to the community and he's supposed to be pretty good at raising funds I believe, it would make sense to retain him. I don't think Saal is just looking to clean house just to clean house.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            Not only safe to say, Legend, but he will more than earn his money.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My two cents: Brent was worn down, burnt out and conflicted over the Gene mess. Also hated the Showcase way of recruiting. Thus it wasn’t the Brent Kemnitz we all knew. However he is perfect in this role.

Comment

I can't ever remember a coach coming here that needs to "win the press conference" more than Green does.

Comment

Working...
                                X