National Head Coach Search Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I’d definitely tweet and email at Saal and voice your opinions.

Never know if your voice will help or not.
    Good suggestion. I don't see any downside as log as you keep it respectful and real.

Email Addresses:
    ad@goshockers.com or ksaal@goshockers.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Sounds like former players love the idea….

Hard to run a program with no money
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Hard to run a program with no money
        Baseball is paid for by men’s basketball. Based on the numbers that Kung posted, there was not a lot of giving from the so called alumni.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Baseball is paid for by men’s basketball. Based on the numbers that Kung posted, there was not a lot of giving from the so called alumni.
          Look at the names on our bullpens and all over every baseball-related facility
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Brian Green is making over $300k at WaSU. He is under contract til 2026. WSU got some money from somewhere if this is the move.

All reports about this at national level come from Kendall Rogers. He is basing on something from some other obscure account posted on Friday. That guy is asking to be credited for it.

For ADKS to make a decision without interviewing a single candidate from the NCAA Tournament would be out of character for him.

I don’t think we have made a decision yet. Doesn’t mean it’s not going to be Coach Green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Look at the names on our bullpens and all over every baseball-related facility
              You are just fear mongering. Doesn’t change the fact that giving under Wedge was less than Butler.

The program has continued to hemorrhage even under Wedge and Hibbs.

Hopefully, Green going to be this diamond in the rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Brian Green is making over $300k at WaSU. He is under contract til 2026. WSU got some money from somewhere if this is the move.

All reports about this at national level come from Kendall Rogers. He is basing on something from some other obscure account posted on Friday. That guy is asking to be credited for it.

For ADKS to make a decision without interviewing a single candidate from the NCAA Tournament would be out of character for him.

I don’t think we have made a decision yet. Doesn’t mean it’s not going to be Coach Green.
                Yes. Every story is originated from Kendall Rogers. Maybe what they got wrong is he is coming to be an assistant coach…

Comment

Without them and some boosters who were wooed back by Gene or Brent we probably aren’t even over five figures a year. Butler had nothing to do with the fundraising of the program, it was all Brent and some of the other MLB alumni. Watch that shrivel up even more unless Brent can perform miracles.

This seems clearly like a “I’m the smartest guy in the room and don’t bother me with the past” hire if it happens.
                  Last edited by shoxlax; June 4, 2023, 09:15 PM.

Comment

You are just fear mongering. Doesn’t change the fact that giving under Wedge was less than Butler.

The program has continued to hemorrhage even under Wedge and Hibbs.

Hopefully, Green going to be this diamond in the rough.
                    The only diamond that will be rough is the one on 21st street.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Brian Green is making over $300k at WaSU. He is under contract til 2026. WSU got some money from somewhere if this is the move.

I ask again, what is his buyout?

Comment

• Sorry to spoil the night for you all but my son is currently a player in the Colorado Rockies system and he started at Washington State from 2020 through 2022. He reached out to some of his former teammates up at Washington State today and they confirmed that Coach Green had a zoom call with the team today informing them that he was taking the Wichita State job.

Comment

• When the Lutz family agrees with the majority of shockernet you know something ain’t right.

Comment

• What makes this a very eyebrow raising hire is the lack of qualification, pure and simple.

ADKS determined that Hibbs wasn't qualified for a program of this caliber:
                            - Hibbs has gone to 5 regionals out of 28 tries ... 0.179.
                            - He has no deep NCAA runs.
                            - He has an overall win percentage of about 0.546.
                            That just doesn't meet the expectation at WSU. I think I have to agree with that.

But:
                            - Green has went to only 1 regional out of 8 tries ... 0.125.
                            - Not only does Green not have any deep runs ... he has never even won a single NCAA tournament game, as he went 0 and 2 in the one regional he made it to.
                            - He has an overall win percentage of about 0.557 (not really any different than Hibbs').

On the surface, this head coach looks more unqualified than the interim he is replacing. If so, it would have been better to renew the interim contract until a qualified head coach could be found.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The more I read about this guy, the more I hate this hire. It’s pretty clear that Saal hired his buddy and this has been the plan for weeks if not months.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyatt View Post
                                The more I read about this guy, the more I hate this hire. It’s pretty clear that Saal hired his buddy and this has been the plan for weeks if not months.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...h-brian-green/
                                What are you talking about? He improved every year in the PAC. From 8th to 9th to 10th, awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X