No announcement yet.

WSU vs #7 East Carolina (Apr 22-23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 losses the rest of the way to play with and we are a tourney team and AAC champs. Play half as good as we did this weekend and we’ve got a shot at it with our weak remaining schedule. Let’s get it done.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Not that I am advocating that we should get an at large bid but the RPI metrics are a joke.

Comment

• 2023 College Baseball RPI (Rating Percentage Index) Updated in REAL-TIME for Every Team at the Completion of Every Game.

Comment

• Holy crap our ELO just jumped 43 points. Now #62.

And RPI jumped 59 points to #88. Cray cray!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Went to the game today. My 1st game probably since the early Todd butler years. Nice to finally see some good baseball again, this is a fun and energetic team. I was looking at our conference title and NCAA tournament appearance and it's wild it's been since 2010 since our last conference title (hopefully we add to that this year).

Question: why is our rpi so low? I feel like we have some solid wins
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Not that I am advocating that we should get an at large bid but the RPI metrics are a joke.
              Yeah baseball RPI is a horrible tool.

Within that tool, Utah Tech, UMass and Oakland are killing us (268, 254, 249 respectively) with terrible seasons and only winning 8 of 10.

RPI has climbed to 88 (up 59 spots since Sunday) on the strength of a good week for us and our opponents (like OU sweeping Texas). That is a massive RPI jump this late in the season.

ELO is 62 (up 43 since Sunday) & Boyd ISR has us at 84 but today's games are not factored in yet. Expect closer to ELO tomorrow.

Well, there are good weeks and bad weeks, and that was a very good week. Now they get to look forward to another short term challenge which is first, can they maintain some consistency?

There's not much room for error given the crappy start to the season. A 4-1 week probably keeps hope alive, barely, for an at-large. Not to extrapolate too much, but if they go 6-4 against the B12 (who will get at least 5 teams in barring a disaster) and finish strong in the American (say M3, H2, SF3, CF2) 37-18, 18-6 in conference....certainly would be in the mix I think (although still probably outside looking in). Probably need to get to the finals in Clearwater at 3-2 or 3-1. I will say the last thing I want is to get stuck with ECU in one half of that tourney. They've got Tulane, @UC, Memphis and @USF to end the season. It's a stretch to see them 10-2 or worse. 11-1 or even 12-0 is more likely. Houston on the other hand I believe has at least 3 losses in their future, if not more with @UCF, us, @ Tulane and Cincy.

ECU 18-6

UH 17-7

WSU ??-?? Pretty sure these are the 3 best teams. Let's see what happens.

But that's the best week for WSU baseball in a very, very long time.

Comment

• Quick glance at the conferences.

14 certain 1 bid leagues.

3 iffy 1 bid leagues (ORU in the Summit, Wofford in the Southern and FGCU in the ASUN could all muck things up potentially).

Let's say there's 17 there plus 13 other autos that would get at large anyway. There's your 30 and there's 34 available spots for the RPI top 47.

But even if you look to the top 55 or so, there are some teams that aren't going to get in. Missouri, Auburn, Miss State aren't all going to get in (Georgia too but we'll see).

Xavier, Rutgers, ODU, Texas State those team are all likely to have issues (all 8 mentioned in the top 55 right now).

Anyway, there's a chance but it's going to require a very strong finish. Let's start with Tuesday.

Edit: Just a reminder to everyone, including if not especially myself, the other guy wants to win too. Every time someone climbs the metrics ladder, someone else falls. It's never just about you. The other guy always has a say.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; April 23, 2023, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Whew! Good thing Coach Hobbs does not have ADKS wondering about him having that 13 run meltdown a week or so ago… guess maybe he can coach a bit☺️

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    Whew! Good thing Coach Hobbs does not have ADKS wondering about him having that 13 run meltdown a week or so ago… guess maybe he can coach a bit☺️
                    Ole Roy Hobb’s grandson?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Within that tool, Utah Tech, UMass and Oakland are killing us (268, 254, 249 respectively) with terrible seasons and only winning 8 of 10.

RPI has climbed to 88 (up 59 spots since Sunday) on the strength of a good week for us and our opponents (like OU sweeping Texas). That is a massive RPI jump this late in the season.

ELO is 62 (up 43 since Sunday) & Boyd ISR has us at 84 but today's games are not factored in yet. Expect closer to ELO tomorrow.

Well, there are good weeks and bad weeks, and that was a very good week. Now they get to look forward to another short term challenge which is first, can they maintain some consistency?

There's not much room for error given the crappy start to the season. A 4-1 week probably keeps hope alive, barely, for an at-large. Not to extrapolate too much, but if they go 6-4 against the B12 (who will get at least 5 teams in barring a disaster) and finish strong in the American (say M3, H2, SF3, CF2) 37-18, 18-6 in conference....certainly would be in the mix I think (although still probably outside looking in). Probably need to get to the finals in Clearwater at 3-2 or 3-1. I will say the last thing I want is to get stuck with ECU in one half of that tourney. They've got Tulane, @UC, Memphis and @USF to end the season. It's a stretch to see them 10-2 or worse. 11-1 or even 12-0 is more likely. Houston on the other hand I believe has at least 3 losses in their future, if not more with @UCF, us, @ Tulane and Cincy.

ECU 18-6

UH 17-7

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying Doc - but if this team lives up to potential I think 13-3 or 14-2 is the expectation (and a realistic one). Loss to OSU, one to Houston and maybe one to UCF. Leaving us 38-17 or 37-18. But I think if we manage to only lose 1 in the AAC the rest of the way we win the whole damn thing - and I think those records with a conf regular season title gets us the benefit of the doubt ala 2021 basketball. Lot of parallels between the seasons. Hopefully a better ending here.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ole Roy Hobb’s grandson?

Oh my goodness!!! Fat fingers, no spell check…. I’m an idiot … or a moron

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          Oh my goodness!!! Fat fingers, no spell check…. I’m an idiot … or a moron
                          I’m one of those also…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

ECU 18-6

UH 17-7

another thought, WarrenNolan currently has us predicted at 59 RPI at 35-20. We could get up to 45-50 at 37/38 wins for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Holy Moly, Guacaomole! That was some good stuff in all phases of fthe game.

I guess LetsGoShockers2021 was right. Something really good was coming our way. He just posted to the wrong board,

It will very interesting to see where the Shocks go from here.
                              Manifested that destiny. It works try it

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X