Clear All

• WSU vs #7 East Carolina (Apr 22-23)

WSU
    RPI: 128
    ELO: 90

ECU
    RPI: 8
    ELO: 9

Let's ram our face right up ECU's butt!!!!

Eww, no ... uhhh ...

Let's ram ECU's face right up OUR butt!!!!!

hmm ... no ... uhhh ...

Last edited by Kung Wu; April 21, 2023, 12:13 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

What does our RPI look like if we win 2/3 this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      What does our RPI look like if we win 2/3 this weekend?
      We start flirting with the NIT bubble.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We start flirting with the NIT bubble.
        Not that it matters for post season but I am interested in what two wins over a 15 does. Even one win may lower it.

Comment

We're tied for 3rd in the conference and one game out of 2nd. This next series is a big chance for us to make a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not that it matters for post season but I am interested in what two wins over a 15 does. Even one win may lower it.
            I just updated the RPI and ELO stats .... ECU is #8 RPI. Not sure how what I saw earlier was so wrong?

Comment

Where did you get the RPI Kung Wu ? I'm showing RPI 129-130.

ECU at 8 RPI.

There's been some more talent out there, but this is the best baseball team, by far, that we've played this season, almost certainly all season.

If the moment isn't too big, we can be successful against these guys (7-8 vs ECU since joining the AAC).

I expect they'll run out So. Trey Yesavage on Friday, Sr. Carter Spivey on Saturday and Jr. Josh Grosz on Sunday. They have plenty of reliable arms in the pen and they all will believe they can get everyone out. No shortage of confidence in that dugout.

Yesavage is the real deal and just another in a long line of talented pitchers at ECU that help out as a freshman, get better over the summer and become lights out starters in year 2.

Yesavage is 93-97 with his FB, living around 93-95. Good slider and nasty splitter around 84. His numbers are eye popping. 6-0 ERA 2.83 WHIP 0.87 and OBA .175 He does give up the occasional bomb most due to his velo. You're not going to have a lot of chances with a guy whose WHIP is less than 1 so you must make them count.

Spivey is more of grinder which tells you how freaking solid their staff is because Spivey was the AAC POY last year. The 5th year (Covid) senior will be 88-91 FB but it sinks and he lives down, as you should. Also throws a low 80s slider and lots of movement on his cutter. His numbers are good but he doesn't have the eye popping numbers of Yesavage and Grosz. 4-1 3.05 1.28 .258 He's less likely to go long but he won't give free passes (11 all year) or the long ball (just 1) so if we try to dent cars we're going to do him a big time solid. Stay down and look to drive the ball.

Grosz has developed a ton since last year. He'll be 91-95 with a rising FB and a not a great change but one with some sink. He can also throw a curve and a nasty slider for strikes. He'll throw more at you and he just might be their best overall pitcher this year. 4-0 2.32 1.03 .157 but he can have command issues (25 walks) so you MUST be patient with him and work the count. Track the ball all the way in.

Tough weekend. They will test us in every area of the game and take advantage anywhere we are weak. Hopefully our guys are up for the challenge, because it's a big one, with BIG payoffs if they do well.

Comment

Didn’t Houston take 2 of 3 from them? If so, how?

Comment

Warrennolan, WuDrWu

Comment

Wow. Postponed again? Geez

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Wow. Postponed again? Geez
                      What a joke of a conference.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WTF?!

Comment

The equipment got placed on the wrong flight. I was actually going to make it to my first game this season.

EDIT: Sounds like ECU missed the connecting flight in Dallas due to a maintenance issue. They bussed to Wichita without the equipment and are waiting on that. Airline was supposed to place it on earlier flights but it hasn't happened yet.
                          Last edited by WINGdingBALLfling; April 21, 2023, 12:35 PM.

Comment

It's incompetence at some level. I'm not sure who, but sheesh!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X