No announcement yet.

WSU at Tulane (Apr 15-16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job by Cranz, who name does not start with K. Would like to see him jump ahead in the count more but striking out 5 of 8 batters faced shows he as good stuff.

Shocks win 7-4. But made this one harder than it should have been.

Comment

BTW, why doesn't Tulane just put their bullpens in the field of play down the right and left field lines?

Comment

Vornado certainly blew this one away on Friday:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Vornado certainly blew this one away on Friday:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

With Chuck, you get the extremes. Either “gold” or “fools gold”. Nothing in between. Homeruns, or strikeouts. He either Looks great or looks like a fool.

Comment

We really have some exciting pieces. Just got to put it all together and stop making our relievers agoraphobic.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This team is all over the map, better than last year, but more confounding, especially with our pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  This team is all over the map, better than last year, but more confounding, especially with our pitching.
                  Pitching, the key is pitching. Recently Scooter said the ‘big schools’ are stockpiling ‘pitching’ and we’re behind the ‘eight ball’ with pitching, but we’re going to get there soon.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

JJ Clamdip and I had a really good time in NOLA Besides watching our Shocks take the series against Tulane we got to see some of the French Quarter Days Art and Music festival. It was a colorful affair. It might have been fun to watch people run for cover yesterday when the predicted rain came and the heavens opened up. The people selling cheap rain ponchos and umbrellas had a banner day. I won't be able to look a shrimp in the eye for a little while because we put a dent in the marker. Lots of folks down here eat a lot of crawdads but with me they hold the same spot as sushi does...bait. Our Shocks played with enthusiasm yesterday and played like they wanted it more than Tulane. Tulane probably used a total of 7 pitchers yesterday with the longest last two innings and the shortest one batter. I noticed that when Pelphrey goes to the mound his gait and demeanor is reminiscent of Kemnitz. Is this a studied approach or just coincidental? Tulane has a nice stadium and a pretty decent crowd to boot. Parking was 17 bucks but that was a paltry sum compared to parking downtown for 45 bucks for 3 hours. So if anyone is unhappy with parking at WSU or downtown Wichita please take note. After a stop at Mike Andersons in Baton Rouge for supper JJ and I drove straight though to Do Dah and got home at 6 AM. this morning. Not too shabby for a couple of old guys. Go Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Pitching, the key is pitching. Recently Scooter said the ‘big schools’ are stockpiling ‘pitching’ and we’re behind the ‘eight ball’ with pitching, but we’re going to get there soon.
                      Yeah with Henry, Snead & Mulhollon returning and the talent coming in, we're going to have some serious arm talent in here next season.

Completely possible we'll have 4 guys throwing high 90s+ a year from today.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yeah with Henry, Snead & Mulhollon returning and the talent coming in, we're going to have some serious arm talent in here next season.

Completely possible we'll have 4 guys throwing high 90s+ a year from today.
                        That is assuming that they stay! With both the portal and the fact that none of them left with the coaching change mid year...you never know. But with Tolle, Candiotti, Adler, Cranz, Snead & Henry you have a great nucleus to build around for sure. I imagine Snead will be heavily sought after!! Also a couple of these guys will be draft eligible this year

Comment

Portal is always going to be an issue. Just have to do the best you can.

NS, AH and MM aren't draft eligible until at least '24 (Henry will be in '24 and will definitely be gone if healthy. He's that good).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Portal is always going to be an issue. Just have to do the best you can.

NS, AH and MM aren't draft eligible until at least '24 (Henry will be in '24 and will definitely be gone if healthy. He's that good).
                            If I remember right Doc, Henry has a fastball that sits low to mid-90’s? It’s the curveball that really impressed everyone. At showcases he was clocking a spin rate that would’ve placed him top 10 in the majors last year.

Comment

I probably wasn't clear but Henry is an insane talent. However he's not one of the guys I expect to be a mid-high 90s guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X