Shox vs. Jays, Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockers go to the bottom of the nineth with the score 5-1 Shocks
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shockers WIN
      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

WSU vs SIU in Springpatch
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pitching was GREAT

Comment

Shocks did better than I thought they would after dropping the first game. I think an at-large is still very iffy and will need for the Shocks to win a minimum of 2 in the tourney, if not getting to the finals.

Comment

Bj world series goes to the Shocks

Comment

Do the Shocks have Prince Albert in a can? Yes, I they opened up the can on the BJ's today.

Very impressive work by Albert. I believe Albert has found his niche as a long releiver.

Johnny Coy is en fuego. Shocks with 14 hits was nice to see. Only 5 runs, but the Shocks kind of voluntarily gave away a couple of runs due to some poor baserunning. Fortunately they didn't need those thanks to A.J. and especially to Albert.

I can see why Creighton's offensive numbers are not so great in this ballpark.

Hopefully, we have our heads right going into Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  I think an at-large is still very iffy and will need for the Shocks to win a minimum of 2 in the tourney, if not getting to the finals.
                  I think WSU will get an at-large as long as they don't take a dump in Springfield. Here is what BA says about WSU.

One change from last week: Wichita State rejoins our field of 64, making the Valley a three-bid league. Sound crazy? The top three teams in the MVC are all inside the top 50 in the RPI (No. 44 Wichita, No. 45 Missouri State, No. 47 Indiana State). The Sycamores surged into first place with a sweep of Southern Illinois while Missouri State dropped a series against Evansville. The Shockers lost the head-to-head series against both of those teams but have the most top 50 games of the three (6-7). The Shockers have won series against Dallas Baptist and Tulane, split four games with Purdue, but lost series against Hawaii and Long Beach State. It's a very erratic season that makes for a complicated at-large case, but for now, we like Wichita's case better than, say, those of Texas State or Elon as the third teams in their respective conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Shocks did better than I thought they would after dropping the first game. I think an at-large is still very iffy and will need for the Shocks to win a minimum of 2 in the tourney, if not getting to the finals.
                    We have put our self in a postion to be at least in the discussion IF we don't blow it in Springfield. I agree I think we need to win a minimum of 2 in the tourney. What would be nice is to win the thing and remove any doubt.

Comment

Never thought I'd say this but I really do think two wins gets us in as an at large.This team has a lot of upside going forward with all of the freshmen getting meaningful playing time.

Comment

While I am far from a pumper, I still cannot think too many teams we are competing with for an at large had better than a 3-1 week.

Comment

nm
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 19, 2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Ending the season on a pretty good note.

Here's to hope!

Comment

It was a nice win. Great to take 2 from Bluejays in their yard. WSU took the first one in front of 15,000 people and took the second one on senior day. The Jays have been playing better lately so it makes it even sweeter.

Harbutz getting a home run in the park that doesn't allow any made it even better (Creighton got only one home run at home this year- Harbutz matched their entire team's home run output).
                              Last edited by shox1989; May 21, 2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                While I am far from a pumper, I still cannot think too many teams we are competing with for an at large had better than a 3-1 week.
                                3-1 on the road to boot. We have the rpi road factor working in our favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X