Shox vs. Jays, Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Jays, Game 3

The Shox got a big win on Friday. Need to win again today. Warren Nolan has the Shox rpi @ #43. Boyd's World has the Shox @ #44. A win today keeps the rpi in the top 45 and allows the Shox to finish in 3rd in the MVC. AJ Ladwig on the mound for the Shox.

:poster_wu:
    Last edited by shox1989; May 19, 2012, 09:15 AM. Reason: added Boyd's world rpi as of Saturday morning

Mattingly is starting for Creighton? I remember my JuCo team facing him, my freshman, his sophomore, year. Looking at the box score we got 7 hits and pushed 5 runs (2 earned) across against him. Love to see the Shox offense break out today, but I'm not expecting it. Hopefully AJ Ladwig can continue our good starting pitching for the series!

Comment

Amazing that we are getting excited that win might give us the series. Not that long ago it was a given we would win every series. It was just a matter if we would sweep or not.
      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
        Amazing that we are getting excited that win might give us the series. Not that long ago it was a given we would win every series. It was just a matter if we would sweep or not.
        and excited about that the Shocks have a chance to finish 3rd...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          and excited about that the Shocks have a chance to finish 3rd...
          Because it increases our chances of getting an at large bid.

Comment

How many conferences get auto bids?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              How many conferences get auto bids?
              I believe 31. Also Arizona St is ineligible for the tourney this year. Right now it looks like 17 of those auto bids (conference leaders on warren nolan's nitty gritty report) have an rpi worse than 40.

Comment

The weather channel has Omaha in a risk area for extremely bad weather today. Hopefully they will get the game in.

Comment

So 64 teams in, 31 autos (I was thinking 32), leaves 33 at large. 31-17 leaves 14 in the top 50 RPI. So 50-14-ASU=35

35 teams for 33 spots in the top 50 RPI at large. Am I thinking correctly?

Comment

So 64 teams in, 31 autos (I was thinking 32), leaves 33 at large. 31-17 leaves 14 in the top 50 RPI. So 50-14-ASU=35

35 teams for 33 spots in the top 50 RPI at large. Am I thinking correctly?
                    That sounds about right. Last year there were a couple of teams 50+ that made it (kstate #51 and DBU #52 or #53). Everyone else was in the top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      Because it increases our chances of getting an at large bid.
                      sorry I'm not going to get excited about finishing 3rd in a conference that frankly doesn't care about baseball.

Capture.JPG

Comment

The weather channel has Omaha in a risk area for extremely bad weather today. Hopefully they will get the game in.
                        They should get the game in today. Any storms should be late afternoon or evening. There is a slight risk of Severe weather today - hardly a "extreme" or high risk condition.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          sorry I'm not going to get excited about finishing 3rd in a conference that frankly doesn't care about baseball.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322[/ATTACH]
                          The conference is the #6 ranked conference out of 32. That is better than the Valley finished in basketball.

Comment

That sounds about right. Last year there were a couple of teams 50+ that made it (kstate #51 and DBU #52 or #53). Everyone else was in the top 50.
                            Not many teams 38-60 have more top 50 wins than the Shocks. I believe only Georgia and Auburn, both of whom have played more than double the amount of top 50 games than the Shocks, have more than 6 top 50 wins.

I still believe we have a better chance of winning the MVC than getting an at large. BUT, winning today, and a strong showing in Springfield, and at least we are in the discussion of the last 7 or so in. At this point though, I believe the biggest obstacle is being in Missouri State's half of the draw, needing to beat them twice in all likelihood to advance to the finals. I just don't see us getting to their pitching enough, especially if they adjust their rotation.

Comment

Not many teams 38-60 have more top 50 wins than the Shocks. I believe only Georgia and Auburn, both of whom have played more than double the amount of top 50 games than the Shocks, have more than 6 top 50 wins.

I still believe we have a better chance of winning the MVC than getting an at large. BUT, winning today, and a strong showing in Springfield, and at least we are in the discussion of the last 7 or so in. At this point though, I believe the biggest obstacle is being in Missouri State's half of the draw, needing to beat them twice in all likelihood to advance to the finals. I just don't see us getting to their pitching enough, especially if they adjust their rotation.
                              Am I correct in saying we need to win today for two reasons. One it keeps us in the ballpark for an at-large bid assuming we win 2 or 3 games in Springfield and two it puts in Indiana State's bracket in Springfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X