STONE COLD REALITY CHECK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I didn't realize Boyd had us that high...Warren Nolan's ELO (similar to Pablo for Volleyball, a good measuring stick of performance) has WSU at 129 but they both project WSU at around 100. That seems fair to me right now. ISR of 78 is a win at Okie State from being mentioned as a bubble team. And that's kind of where I think we are now. Gotta win some quality games and eliminate the bad losses. Road win at LBSU certainly was quality...and should have had 2. We're close...the question is will we get over the hump?
    I'm sure it is because of the LBS series. Winning 1 of 3 on the road against LBS (if they meet projections) is not a bad result. Losing Quad 4 games is a bad result.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I didn't ask what the projections are. What RPI do YOU think we will end the season with?
      I'm always going where the data leads. Anything else is fools gold.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Your expectation is for us to be 95 RPI at the end of the season then. So when you say "not good enough", you mean not good enough to meet the expected 95 RPI projection?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Your expectation is for us to be 95 RPI at the end of the season then. So when you say "not good enough", you mean not good enough to meet the expected 95 RPI projection?
          What is so hard to understand about this statement

My expectation for WSU baseball regardless of the year is they are playing at minimum for at-large bid.
          I think it clearly states what my expectation for the program. That expectation is the same for the Basketball program also.

Comment

What is so hard to understand about this statement

I think it clearly states what my expectation for the program. That expectation is the same for the Basketball program also.
            I didn't even see that post.

You expect us to get an at large bid this year? What RPI do we have to have to realistically be in the hunt for an at large?

Comment

I didn't even see that post.

You expect us to get an at large bid this year?
              Do I expect WSU baseball to get an at-large this year? Let look at the facts?

1. No Friday dominant starter

2. Quad 4 losses to this point - 2, I think if you look historically, the most Q4 losses an at-large team ever has is around 2-3 at the most

3. Team ERA 4.91. WSU offense is not good enough to offset this type of pitching. There is formula called pythagorean formula for baseball

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/advance...ing-percentage

WSU pathag % is 64%, so WSU have not underachieved or overachieved. They are what their record says. Which is non-NCAA tournament team.

Now, that not to say that some light bulb might come on with this team and they get some confidence and roll the rest of the season. But they do need to get that started right now.

What RPI do we have to have to realistically be in the hunt for an at large?
              You know what it take for basketball, it is transferable to baseball.

The lowest RPI tteams to get an at-large bid in 2022 were 41, 47 and 51.

Comment

I didn't realize baseball had the same 64 team with at-large setup. That makes it easy on me.

Comment

I’m hearing echoes of Dr Fauci in my head…sorry, continue!

Comment

Don't hold Kung Wu's excitement against him. He only discovered WSU baseball a year or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                      Don't hold Kung Wu's excitement against him. He only discovered WSU baseball a year or two ago.
                      I was kinda following at the end of Butler's tenure, but dove in when Wedge was hired. I'm super disappointed in how that turned out, but at least he gave us some weapons -- we just gotta figure out how to keep them from being so bipolar.

Comment

I didn't realize baseball had the same 64 team with at-large setup. That makes it easy on me.
                        Some things are worse. There will be 16 host sites. It's almost certain that half of those will be SEC teams and likely 10-13 (of 14 possible) SEC teams will make the tourney. They all will play 24-30 of 30 (roughly) non conference games at home, build up fat records and use strength of conference to RPI everyone in the top 50. It's brutal, but with baseball being outdoors, there is an advantage (in addition to money that builds better teams) that is insurmountable.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I’m hearing echoes of Dr Fauci in my head…sorry, continue!
                          Except he actually went against the data on multiple fronts.

Comment

Time to take that Stone cold look now. Scooter isn't going to recruit us out of our hole. The program is what it is at this point and I don't see how we fix it without some serious NIL money. If were going to be a mediocre Valley type program let's fund it like one and put the savings into the softball.
                            Last edited by Shockerman; March 11, 2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tolle had an amazing day against the Oakland Grizzlies last week. Not sure what this has to do about where we are as a program though.
                                Last edited by Shockerman; March 11, 2023, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X