No announcement yet.

WSU vs Oakland (Mar 3,4,5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuDrWu why did they take Wilkinson out after one inning, in our loss? What was the strategy behind that?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Pinstripes today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Yesterday Wilkson kicked ass pitching for us, but was only allowed to pitch one inning? Why? Why would you pull a fresh pitcher that has their confidence established?
        I can't answer that. Maybe it was a lefty/right thing. Wilky was brought in as kind of closer 1 inning guy. Down 4 they may have decided it was more important to see Rost and Nadler than see if Matt had another inning in him....honestly, no idea.

I know some thought Caden Favors was bad Friday, but he really wasn't. Oakland scored 3 runs on one lousy single in the 5th and it was a single that he didn't even give up.

The 5th inning went homer, single, stolen base, HBP. So 1st and 2nd, nobody out, Favors on.

Ground ball to 3rd. Sawyer goes to 2nd looking for the double play. Rodden can't glove it and the ball goes into the OF. Instead of 1st and 3rd and 1 out (or possibly runner on 3rd and 2 out) it's 1st and 3rd, still no out and the 2nd run in. They bunt, excellent squeeze, we try to get the runner at the plate (wrongly) and it's another run with no out that we should have taken. Another bunt, and it's 2nd and 3rd and FINALLY one out. A ground out scores the 4th run. At worst should have been 2 runs. But that's the kind of night it was. Anyway, defense and brains let Favors down, big time.

Comment

• We have a seriously good batting lineup:

Rodden
          Thornhill
          Pennington
          Tolle
          Millan

That group is going to wreck a lot of pitchers this year.

Comment

• Grant Adler dealing yet again

Comment

• And just like that ... 8-0!

Comment

• Add Stroh to that lineup of scary batters.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We have a seriously good batting lineup:
                    WSU so far has been playing mainly against Quadrant 4 (5-2) opponents. Playing against these type of opponents, you should look like you have a good offense. Looks good against mediocre opponents, but what will it look like against Quadrant 1 and 2 opponents? Depending where LBS ends up, that series might provide a glimpse what to expect.

But here is where WSU is ranked nationally. It not impressive.

WSU is ranked 92 in batting average
                    WSU is ranked 72 in HR/game
                    WSU is ranked 136 in scoring offense

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      WSU so far has been playing mainly against Quadrant 4 (5-2) opponents. Playing against these type of opponents, you should look like you have a good offense. Looks good against mediocre opponents, but what will it look like against Quadrant 1 and 2 opponents? Depending where LBS ends up, that series might provide a glimpse what to expect.

But here is where WSU is ranked nationally. It not impressive.

WSU is ranked 92 in batting average
                      WSU is ranked 72 in HR/game
                      WSU is ranked 136 in scoring offense
                      Thanks. Where are you getting these ranks from? How current are those numbers?

FWIW -- LBSU on top of beating #9 ECU yesterday, just beat Indiana today.

Edit: I think I found them at NCAA's stats sites. If so, those are good through Mar 2 and doesn't count this weekend (which may or may not change much).

Comment

• Prior to this series we had these individual stats:

Pennington is T-36 in Hits
                        T-9 in Hits per Game
                        T-63 in Batting Average
                        T-57 in Doubles
                        T-64 in Doubles per Game
                        T-76 in Home runs
                        T-90 in Home runs per Game
                        T-74 in Slugging PCT

Thornhill T-76 in Home runs per Game

Candiotti T-126 in Strikeouts to Walks

Adler T-47 in Strikeouts
                        T-148 in Strikeouts per 9 innings

Favors T-116 in WHIP

Comment

• Maybe GAdler deserves a Friday night look.

Comment

]FWIW -- LBSU on top of beating #9 ECU yesterday, just beat Indiana today.
                            That is why I said LBS maybe providing a glimpse of the real team. A team that got shutout, then lost a game they should have won, and then in the third game blew their opponent out. WSU is a inconsistent team that you can't really count on except for a couple players.

Edit: I think I found them at NCAA's stats sites. If so, those are good through Mar 2 and doesn't count this weekend (which may or may not change much).
                            I will expect their ranking to improves, probably jump into the upper 40's or low 50's. But those numbers were put up on teams with SOS of 226. WSU team ERA will likely be rated in the low 100's after this weekend.

Comment

• What I did like about Sunday's game vs Saturday's game is that on Saturday it was primarily 3 or 4 players contributing most of offense while on Sunday 8 guys had hits and 9 guys had runs batted in.

What you can take away from this series is hard to say. Similar to the Utah Tech series. Most probably expecting sweeps going in and in both series the Shocks lost the 1st game of the series badly.

Comment

• I see that Payton Tolle received AAC Player of the Week award today.

Comment

Working...
                                X