WSU vs Oakland (Mar 3,4,5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBA View Post
    Good to see the Shocks winning but let’s remember this team was 1-6 coming in. Good for moral though.
    morale*

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

14-1 butt kickin so far. Needed this after that bad performance yesterday.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yesterday Wilkson kicked ass pitching for us, but was only allowed to pitch one inning? Why? Why would you pull a fresh pitcher that has their confidence established?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Yesterday Wilkson kicked ass pitching for us, but was only allowed to pitch one inning? Why? Why would you pull a fresh pitcher that has their confidence established?
            Wilkinson was the only perfect pitcher. Rost was not as good but not the worst. Candiotti, Favors, and Nate Adler all “sucked” really big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Wilkinson was the only perfect pitcher. Rost was not as good but not the worst. Candiotti, Favors, and Nate Adler all “sucked” really big time.
              So why would they pull him after only one inning? I don't understand the thinking there.

Comment

Do we have new "Wildthing" pitcher in Dillhoff?

Comment

Comment

Tolle and Pennington drove the Shocker bus in this game.

Tolle with video game type of numbers. 6 innings pitched, 1 unearned run on only 2 hits, both singles, while striking out 10 and walking only 1 as he faced only 2 batters over the minimum. To top it off he was 5-5 from the plate including a double and a homer run while driving in 6 and scoring 2. Has to be his best game as a Shocker.

Pennington was 3-5 with 4 runs scored and 2 runs batted in.

Ingram and Herring combined to go 4-9 with 4 runs and 3 RBI from the 7and 8 spots in the order.

Otherwise, there were some struggles. Rodden and Thornhill combined to go 1 -10 at the top of the order but they did managed to cross the plate 4 times. Thornhill is only hitting .184 on the season. McDonald was 1-4 but struck out 3 times on a day when the Shocks only had 6 strikeouts as a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So why would they pull him after only one inning? I don't understand the thinking there.
                      My guess is that they are trying to find out who they can trust. But Favors pitched great last weekend, and sucked yesterday. It’s not easy to build a staff that can be counted on. One of our problems is that we don’t have a Pelfrey that we know will shut the other team down on Friday like we had once upon a time, 20 years ago.

Candiotti would be much better on Day 2 or 3. We don’t have a Top Notch #1 starter.

Comment

• Vornado has cut down on strikeouts enough that if he keeps it up he will have to find a new NIL sponsor.

Comment

• Tolle may have had the greatest all around day in Shocker history.

Comment

• He's a phenom.

Will they be in black today? Tell me they aren't wearing whites again? Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              He's a phenom.

Will they be in black today? Tell me they aren't wearing whites again? Ever.
                              Pinstripes today.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Tolle may have had the greatest all around day in Shocker history.
                                Tolle's Saturday makes any list of greatest one game performances by a Shocker.

5-5, a triple short of the cycle, 6 RBI, hit to all fields, ran the bases, fielded his position. On the mound, 6 innings, 10Ks, 2 hits (one an infield squibber) dominated the zone down all game. Oh yeah, blasted a mammoth home run that was not helped at all by the wind.

Under most circumstances, Tolle would have come out for the 7th inning (at least) as his pitch count was low, but I think the coaches felt like with a huge lead, it was more important to get a look at some arms we haven't seen.

First time Matt Boyer has pitched in a game in a year. He didn't look great but wasn't awful either. Kept it up which made it seem like he was throwing a beach ball and why he gave up hits. Velocity was ok (87-91) but he didn't have much movement. Can't live belt to shoulder in the high 80s if that's all you got. But he needed to get out there and knock off the cobwebs. Bye on the other hand had a very good outing as far as I'm concerned. His velo was better (89-92) and he had movement. Very encouraging after his first 2 outings. Parker Dillhoff pitched the 9th and again, encouraging. A little wild but he showed off his plus breaking stuff. Gave up a run but mostly because of 2 WPs (one could have been a PB) but again, that showed his plus breaking ball. Those are things you can work with....get him some opportunities to be successful and if he can get it, that will help the team.

Gadler gets the ball today. Obviously, a repeat of yesterday would be great, but I'd like to see a good solid performance and then see Snead and Mulhollon come in and dominate showing off their electric arms. We need one of those guys to end up starting to really get to our potential.

In the field, I'm hopeful we'll be a little sharper. Still need to work on holding runners and being better on the mound 0-2 and 1-2 especially (those counts are seeing WAY too much of the plate).

Thornhill has been making good contact but getting a little unlucky....I can live with that. Rodden is trying for too many home runs. Drive the ball young man. Penny and Tolle are there to lose balls. Would REALLY like to see McDonald catch fire. He's so much better than he's shown so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X