Wedge Separation Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Don't kid yourself, Greg H is going to get paid something from NMSU.
    I'll believe when I see it.

Comment

Best news IB has received this season

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        Why the **** are we paying him $675k for being a drunk who cant run a program?
        I thought he quit?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I thought he quit?
          Maybe, right after he was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I thought he quit?
            Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Maybe, right after he was fired.
            He is one of my favorite all-time Shockers, who shared a great front-page picture in the paper upon winning the National Championship (which I still proudly display behind glass on our "Shocker Room" wall).

I know that WSU and Wedge are just following the contract, but dam*, walking away with any money from WSU, after whatever he did to be dismissed, just rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure he knows the financial straits WSU is in and he should be well off because of his career in baseball. So, I guess, just take the money from your alma mater and adios. Such a sad day.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Don't kid yourself, Greg H is going to get paid something from NMSU.

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              I'll believe when I see it.
              I shouldn't be posting this on the baseball forum, but since you two mentioned it here...

Now-fired NMSU coach Greg Heiar skipped a meeting with investigators, officials say - Albuquerque Journal (abqjournal.com)

From article... "Arvizu said the university fired Heiar for cause, and did not enter a settlement with him."
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I shouldn't be posting this on the baseball forum, but since you two mentioned it here...

Now-fired NMSU coach Greg Heiar skipped a meeting with investigators, officials say - Albuquerque Journal (abqjournal.com)

From article... "Arvizu said the university fired Heiar for cause, and did not enter a settlement with him."
                Don't think that means that NMSU won't end up entering in a settlement.

Comment

UCon also thought they fired Ollie for cause. I'm with Doc on this and would bet GH is going to get paid by NMSU before it's all said and done.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    UCon also thought they fired Ollie for cause. I'm with Doc on this and would bet GH is going to get paid by NMSU before it's all said and done.
                    He effed up to the nth degree. Aggies in a rare position with all the leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He effed up to the nth degree. Aggies in a rare position with all the leverage.
                      Only if you believe that every piece of the case is in the hands of the press and being presented in an unbiased manner.

Comment

I have a couple of WSU Eric Wedge baseball cards that I was holding on to but could probably let them go now. Cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Only if you believe that every piece of the case is in the hands of the press and being presented in an unbiased manner.
                          This case is unprecedented. An obscure low major school in the national press based upon two separate incidents. At the very least he had zero control over his team. That doesn't even take into account the embarrassing record. Not sure how you can do much worse in less than a year on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He is one of my favorite all-time Shockers, who shared a great front-page picture in the paper upon winning the National Championship (which I still proudly display behind glass on our "Shocker Room" wall).

I know that WSU and Wedge are just following the contract, but dam*, walking away with any money from WSU, after whatever he did to be dismissed, just rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure he knows the financial straits WSU is in and he should be well off because of his career in baseball. So, I guess, just take the money from your alma mater and adios. Such a sad day.
                            What if an employee went to their boss and advised they have a physical or mental health issue and says they need time off to be treated. A few months into treatment, the boss fires the employee.

Is the employee eligible for compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              What if an employee went to their boss and advised they have a physical or mental health issue and says they need time off to be treated. A few months into treatment, the boss fires the employee.

Is the employee eligible for compensation?
                              Depends on a lot of factors. Also, I'm not an insider (in this case), so I have no idea what all actually came down, when and how.

If the employee's issue was existent prior to hiring and the employer knew about it, then they are taking on some responsibility. So, to answer your question, yes.

If the issue was existent prior to hiring and the employer was NOT made aware, the employee is then the responsible party. The answer is no.

If the issue began after hiring and the employer was made aware, that would depend on agreements made at that time or, if no agreements, the answer is yes.

If the issue began after hiring and the employer was not made aware, so unable to be of help to the employee, at the least, the employee takes on most, if not all, of the responsibility, and the answer is no or much less.

Also, what the issue is, the scope of that issue, the fulfillments of both party's responsibilities and actions.

As it is, we (or I) have no idea. Nevertheless, I'm still disappointed in this employee's acceptance of compensation, given what I stated in the beginning.

Lastly, the employee did not say they were retiring from here or from future employment and gave the "appearance" that they are still very employable at a high and visible level.

Comment

Thanks ShockTalk as you highlight, there are so many variables and nuances to these types of separation agreements.
                                I’m not sure what occurred and jumping to conclusions is rather myopic. I wish EW the best and hold no grudge and leave the decision to compensate to those who make those decisions after weighing all of the variables.

Comment

Working...
                                X