WSU vs Da Bear (Gm 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
    Kris Gardner pitched great today. He has really pitched well all year.
    I would think he would have a great shot at Valley Pitcher of the Week. He threw 12 innings of shut out baseball last week (6 innings against MoST and 6 against Okie State) and didn't walk a single batter. It is hard to imagine any Valley pitcher having a better week last week.

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
      Just bought my tickets to Omaha.
      You'll no doubt get to see the "golden era" of swomostu baseball on display.
      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
        You'll no doubt get to see the "golden era" of swomostu baseball on display.
        The way they are going through their pitchers, they will likely be 0-2 and barbeque in a regional with one of their outfielders having to come in pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          I would think he would have a great shot at Valley Pitcher of the Week. He threw 12 innings of shut out baseball last week (6 innings against MoST and 6 against Okie State) and didn't walk a single batter. It is hard to imagine any Valley pitcher having a better week last week.
          Looks like Kris Gardner was robbed. The SIU guy, Cody Forsythe, who pitched a complete game shut out against Cu got Valley pitcher of the week.

Comment

Looks like Kris Gardner was robbed.
            snapshot_20120307_21.jpg

Comment

Kris was selected as the College Sports Madness MVC Player of the Week.

WICHITA, Kan. ? College Sports Madness has named Wichita State baseball student-athlete Kris Gardner the Madness Baseball Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Week.

So let's see MVC goes with a guy who pitches a shutout against the last place team (by 2.5 games no less) in the league. Kris pitches two outstanding games. One against the best team in the league in an absolutely must win game and one against a Big XII opponent. OK, now I understand. It's the MVC.

BTW, the OSU game was supposed to be a pre-determine split with Kris going 3 innings, but he was so efficient and effective he was able to go 5 innings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

WICHITA, Kan. ? College Sports Madness has named Wichita State baseball student-athlete Kris Gardner the Madness Baseball Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Week.

So let's see MVC goes with a guy who pitches a shutout against the last place team (by 2.5 games no less) in the league. Kris pitches two outstanding games. One against the best team in the league in an absolutely must win game and one against a Big XII opponent. OK, now I understand. It's the MVC.

BTW, the OSU game was supposed to be a pre-determine split with Kris going 3 innings, but he was so efficient and effective he was able to go 5 innings.
                Thanks for the post. At least that organization, unlike the Valley, has some common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not only is Cu in last place but they have a rpi of 212. That is approaching North Dakota territory. Losing to them would be considered a bad loss. How can the Valley think pitching 9 innings of shut out against a #212 team is better than 12 innings of shut out against a big 12 team and a top 50 rpi team (and a ranked team)? Did I mention Kris Gardner didn't issue a single walk either?

Maybe the Valley thought it was SIU's turn to get an award.

Comment

Not only is Cu in last place but they have a rpi of 212. That is approaching North Dakota territory. Losing to them would be considered a bad loss.
                    Yeah, well, just wait until they get up for their version of the world series when the Shocks come to town.

Maybe the Valley thought it was SIU's turn to get an award.
                    Such is life in the Valley of Even.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; April 24, 2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Yeah, well, just wait until they get up for their version of the world series when the Shocks come to town.

Such is life in the Valley of Even.
                      I noticed the Valley did give Kris Gardner a "noteworthy performance". Then I realized they gave at least one player from each team a "noteworthy performance". The Valley of Even again.

Comment

Cale Elam on the watch list for National Pitcher of the Year: http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

Comment

Working...
                        X