• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misery st really executing

5-0...inning over finally

Comment

Not a good showing for Smith

Comment

Watching, halfway unwillingly, #1 Lsu v. #2 UK. Entertaining game.

Comment

Casey strikes out with bases loaded
          Last edited by kstarheel; April 20, 2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Well crap...cant get a 2 out hit. Several chances...still 5-0

Comment

Trailing 6-0 to the bottom of the 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                Beating MoST twice this weekend (or even 3 times) would get us off to a great start.
                Looks like the shox are setting themselves up to go 2-1.

Comment

Did I hear Shane just say three of MSU's best pitchers are shelved right now? Geesh! Hate to see what they can do to us when they are at full strength.

Comment

Is the question can we win this series? or is the question: will we score this weekend?

We had a couple of early opportunities early thanks to some uncharacteristic wildness from Petree but one the jumped on Josh, who was not really sharp at all, for the 5-spot in the 3rd the game was pretty much over.

We actually got some decent swings at Petree in the 6th but two of those were right at the 1st basemen with the 2nd line drive turned into a DP.

I was a little surprised we didn't have better luck against the releiver (Burgess, I believe). He did not look that overpowering to me and his ball was pretty straight. May be one of the guys who hides the ball well and is kind of sneaky quick.

Petree OTOH just over-matched our guys with his ability to mix-up his pitches and change speeds.

Comment

What's that? Ya know, that sound. That creaking. Do you hear it?

Oh, that! That's just that fat lady walking up the stairs to the stage to sing.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Did I hear Shane just say three of MSU's best pitchers are shelved right now? Geesh! Hate to see what they can do to us when they are at full strength.
                        The guy WSU faced tonight is their #1 guy, Petrie. He has a .77 era. He also leads the team with 8 wins. If we were going to win tonight it would have probably been like 1-0 or 2-1. Hopefully if three of their pitchers are shelved that will improve the Shox chances to win the next 2 games.
                        Last edited by shox1989; April 21, 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The reliever, Burgess, who came in is their top reliever with a 1.21 era, 3-0 record and 9 saves. He threw 46 pitches in 3 innings of relief. The starter Petrie threw 119 pitches in his six innings.

Knowing Paul Evans, both guys will probably pitch again tomorrow.

Comment

Meanwhile, the mighty Jayhawks whipped Texas 7-2 in Austin tonight. I mention that because the unlikely result caused me to look up Texas (currently 21-14, although 9-4 in league play, and ranked 44th in the RPI) and I noticed that in three of the last four 3-game series Texas has played, the team that won the opener lost the series.

So don't despair, fellow sunshine pumpers -- let's get into those second-line MSU pitchers, Shocks! The tone that was set tonight will last until the first pitch is thrown tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Meanwhile, the mighty Jayhawks whipped Texas 7-2 in Austin tonight. I mention that because the unlikely result caused me to look up Texas (currently 21-14, although 9-4 in league play, and ranked 44th in the RPI) and I noticed that in three of the last four 3-game series Texas has played, the team that won the opener lost the series.

So don't despair, fellow sunshine pumpers -- let's get into those second-line MSU pitchers, Shocks! The tone that was set tonight will last until the first pitch is thrown tomorrow.
                              Wow I was just posting the Ku-Texas score in another thread at the same time. While losing tonight hurts, It wasn't unexpected. Petrie was going to be the toughest of their pitchers to beat. The guy just doesn't give up any runs. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Way ta show em who's boss Shocks!

That was the display of an at-large team right there! Cautious optimism reigns supreme!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X