• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not good, but not surprising.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Saal’s statement doesn’t mention one thing about Wedge’s health nor does it thank him for his time at WSU.

Does that mean something?

Comment

It’s “health”, but not in the same way coming down with cancer is “health”. Wedge’s “health” is a personal decision and is an issue that destroys lives and relationships. I hope he gets help, because the stories I’ve heard from solid sources are such that would get anyone fired, no matter the connections.

Comment

Hibbs is a wonderful coach. Would like for him to be around for a while.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

There's one obvious candidate. He's paid his dues. He deserves a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Hooper’s ship may have already sailed, sadly. He’s been passed on twice now.

Standiford, maybe. Not a huge splash to grab an NAIA guy.

I say give Hibbs a shot and go from there.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  For the last time, Gregg Marshall is not going to coach at WSU ever again. Not even baseball. Sheeeeesh
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I FOLLOW basketball but only follow baseball. But, I’m confused. if Wedge stepped down on his own accord…and if it was because of “health reasons”, why would WSU pay him anything (if they are…the article in the Eagle is unclear)? What am I missing? Or are they? Something isn’t getting reported. Actually, a lot may not be getting reported. Leaving people in the “dark” only leads to assumptions and division when a program needs to do EVERYTHING it can to improve the situation. If this is an ongoing “health issue”, was there no knowledge before he was hired? I really can’t figure out what this situation is based on the info presented.
                    Last edited by Singeril; December 9, 2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      I FOLLOW basketball but only follow baseball. But, I’m confused. if Wedge stepped down on his own accord…
                      He didn't step down on his own accord. He embarrassed himself, WSU and the baseball program. WSU/Media are being very nice and considerate to Wedge and not publish the details of his "health issues".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He didn't step down on his own accord. He embarrassed himself, WSU and the baseball program. WSU/Media are being very nice and considerate to Wedge and not publish the details of his "health issues".
                        My question is, though, and clarification is needed, is WSU paying him as he leaves or not? Taylor was unclear on that point (and I got the impression he doesn’t know for sure). If he embarrassed himself and the baseball program, he shouldn’t be paid a cent by the university. Case closed. Indeed, I think the university is being “very nice and considerate”…i don’t fault them for that. But, if the university is paying him anything while he leaves, then I think there is some answering to do. We’ve been burned by this too many times. Getting things out in the open helps the healing.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Makes me sad. Hope the best for him, I had hopes he would be the turn around. Looked like a great hire to all at the time. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                            My question is, though, and clarification is needed, is WSU paying him as he leaves or not?
                            What makes you think we are paying an employee terminated for cause?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What makes you think we are paying an employee terminated for cause?
                              I didn't say we were....I said Taylor's article was unclear and I'm trying to find out what's what.

Comment

If WSU and the media are trying to be delicate with how this is handled, they're probably not going to blast it out that he's been let go for cause as that would only raise a lot more questions.

I'm guessing the only way you may find out is if there's some sort of FOIA request that shows if there are allocated funds for something like that.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X