Shox vs. Redbirds, Game 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Redbirds, Game 1

Shox have an opportunity to pick up 3 wins against a top 50 rpi opponent this weekend at Normal. Illinois State is 16-8 with a rpi of 44. The Shox are 17-14 with a rpi of 87.

Illinois St. went 1-2 last weekend against #41 Indy State to open Valley play.

Is ISUR any good?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Is ISUR any good?
      Are we?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Are we?
        Nope.
        "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I think at best we lose 2 of 3.I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Is ISUR any good?
            Depends. If we win the series, they are a CWS team and are the best team we will face all year long.

If we lose, they are just some mediocre Valley team that got hot at the right time. No need to panic. It's still early.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
              I think at best we lose 2 of 3.I hope I'm wrong.
              according to the ISR probabilities - WSU only has a 33% probability of winning each game, so you are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                Shox have an opportunity to pick up 3 wins against a top 50 rpi opponent this weekend at Normal.
                Now that's funny.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Weather looks good this week end in Normal. Low to mid-60's with no real chance of rain in the forecast as of now.

Noticed that Friday's game is at 4:30. I assume their field has lights but they may want to get the game in in warmer late afternoon hours.

Edit: Of course the real reason for the 4:30 start is because it's Good Friday. Duh!
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Anything other than a Redbird sweep and you can count this Shocker fan as being pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Shox dominating the Redbirds with a 2-0 in top 5th and threatening with runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Comment

Shox dominating the Redbirds with a 2-0 in top 5th and threatening with runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.
                        Lambert strikes out, Coy intentionally walked and Gillaspie strikes out. That was the 3, 4, 5 hitters in the lineup.

Comment

Shocks follow-up the noncompetitive/nonproductive AB's in the fifth with a strike-out looking (Harbutz), a strike-out looking (Parker) and a strike-out looking (Baker) on 11 total pitches in the 6th.

Weak.

Apparently, the guys figure they have given the pitching staff all they need with the 2 runs they have put up so far.

Thankfully, Josh Smith is responding.

Comment

Don Lambert and Casey Gillaspies find redemption in the 8th as Don doubled leading off and following an pop out by Johnny, Casey goes deep to give the Shocks a little breathing room. Shocks up 4-0.

Comment

Nice 2 run bomb by the g-man to give them a comfortable lead.

Comment

Working...
                              X