2022 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 MLB Draft

Uh oh. When was the last time the Shox had a signee draftee this high?

I would be shocked if he doesn't sign and if he was my soon I would do everything I could to encourage him to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I would be shocked if he doesn't sign and if he was my soon I would do everything I could to encourage him to sign.
      Agreed. That is a lot of money to pass up. The only caveat I would make is if his family financial situation is such that it would not make as much of an impact to sign for that money.

Comment

He'll probably sign, but he was committed to coming to WSU. If Armchairs can bridge the gap some (clearly there's no way they can or should the entire way) between whatever Seattle is going to offer vs scholly and NIL then there's a chance, albeit slim, that he will still show up in the fall (or 3 weeks as it were).

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agreed. That is a lot of money to pass up. The only caveat I would make is if his family financial situation is such that it would not make as much of an impact to sign for that money.
          I would still encourage him to sign. If his family is that well off he can go to college anytime down the line if he wants to. Why risk injury at a cold-weather college program for 3 years. If your that talented get on with your pro career and hopefully get to the majors sooner than later. I guess you never know but I'm not planning on see Izzi pitching for the Shockers. Especially since the Shocks are long shot for post season play with the present state of the program.

Comment

I would still encourage him to sign. If his family is that well off he can go to college anytime down the line if he wants to. Why risk injury at a cold-weather college program for 3 years. If your that talented get on with your pro career and hopefully get to the majors sooner than later. I guess you never know but I'm not planning on see Izzi pitching for the Shockers. Especially since the Shocks are long shot for post season play with the present state of the program.
            You sound like you DEFINITELY know what is best for the kid.
            He’s can’t miss.
            Right?
            Afterall, he’s going to get $475,000 which will set him up for the rest of his life.

Do you know him? None of us know him, or what he values. There are lots of kids who fizzle out in MLB.

Consider this story, which isn’t a 1 in a Million story. Most kids don’t make it in the Big Leagues. It happens all the time. In fact, most kids don’t make it big. In this case Bubba Starling signed for $7.5 Million Dollars after being a Top 1st Round Pick. He’s got to be a “CAN’T MISS” kid. Right?

He retired last year after having a cup of coffee in MLB. He never made it BIG. He earned his 7.5 Million bonus and 6-7 years of A to AAA money. His advisors need to beware and be aware of what they tell him.
            https://www.baseballamerica.com/play...ubba-starling/

Just a Devils Advocate.
            Last edited by Shockm; July 18, 2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I simply expressed my opinion. Guess what? That is what a message board is largely for. I take it you disagree with my opinion and that's fine. You're entitled to that. But you have provided no compelling information from my perspective so I will stick with my opinion for now.

BTW, where did I even hint that he can't miss.

Comment

I simply expressed my opinion. Guess what? That is what a message board is largely for. I take it you disagree with my opinion and that's fine. You're entitled to that. But you have provided no compelling information from my perspective so I will stick with my opinion for now.

BTW, where did I even hint that he can't miss.
                Read what I said. I didn’t disagree. But his advisors he listens to need to know everything about him and his options. This is a complex decision that has many angles to it. Don’t make the decision without discerning everything. I, included, make a lot of comments without weighing all that is involved. If he isn’t a college type if kid, he needs to sign. However, if he is a kid who values education, he needs to carefully weigh his decision with his values.

$400 K is not life changing.
                Last edited by Shockm; July 18, 2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

NM I double posted.
                  I

Comment

Any current shocker players drafted?

Comment

I wonder if there’s anyone on the Wichita State coaching staff who could use personal experience to convince him to bet on himself and go to college for three years to see if he can raise his stock.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                        Any current shocker players drafted?
                        Not yet. Would expect Bye would get drafted.

Comment

Spoke to soon. Brock Rodden taken in the 10th round by the A's.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Spoke to soon. Brock Rodden taken in the 10th round by the A's.
                              Ouch. That's a pretty good draft for Brock. Better than I expected but I do really like Brock as a player. I was thinking his size might have been an issue but guess not. He hits the snot out of the ball for a little guy. I guess the question is can he do he same with a wood bat.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 18, 2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X