Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Sublett was nasty.

I forgot but what happened in his junior year? Injured? Focused on offense?
    I think the arm and elbow couldn’t withstand the violent throwing motion he used in his off speed stuff but I could be wrong.

Comment

nm

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Bohm named all-start starter. Joe Carter started three all-star games.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

78-65

Comment

Another former Shocker premier athlete (for a couple of ho hum baseball team years) who will go into the TCU HOF and the TCU baseball Ring of Honor.

Comment

OTOH, we do have Alec Bohm that we can add for baseball.

Comment

Favors Selected in MLB Draft

Wichita State senior left-handed pitcher Caden Favors was selected in the 6th Round of the 2024 MLB Draft by the Cleveland Guardians on Monday afternoon. Favors was the 175th overall selection.

The Shockers have now had a player picked in 44 consecutive MLB drafts with the exception of 2020, which was shortened to just five rounds due to the COVID-19 pandemic.​

Comment

• Crazy, 4 shockers or former Shocker pitchers drafted in 175 picks.

Candiotti
                      Tolle
                      Cranz
                      Favors

Comment

• Liberal First - Former Bee Jay Hooper to be inducted into NBC Hall of Fame

Many Liberal Bee Jays players have gone on different paths after their careers, and soon, one former Bee Jay will be receiving a big honor.

Kevin Hooper, who played for the Bee Jays for two seasons, will be inducted into the National Baseball Congress (NBC) Hall of Fame. As Hooper tells it, his baseball career has taken him to a wide variety of places.

“I played four years of college baseball as a Wichita State Shocker, and that was from 1996 to 1999, and I played for the Liberal Bee Jays during the summers of 1996 and 1997,” Hooper said. “I started my professional career in 1999 and played for 10 years professionally, and then I became a manager for the former Wichita Wingnuts (the Wichita Wind Surge now), and did that for seven years. Then, I worked for the San Diego Padres for six years, and now I'm in my third year as the director of player development for the Atlanta Braves. While with the Bee Jays, I played as short stop and second baseman, and it was a great time with the Bee Jays. That first summer with the team was actually my first summer playing summer ball in college, so it was a great experience, and I ended up going back the next summer. I loved the whole small-town vibe in Liberal, and my host family was great, and it was wonderful to see all the fans who came out every night to support the Bee Jays. It was a really great experience, and I won't forget my time in Liberal. What brought me to Liberal, it was a mutual conversation between the college coaches and the summer teams, and the Bee Jays had shown some interest in having me on the team, and after talking to my coach at WSU, I ended up going to Liberal. The league was amazing at that time, and I knew it would give me a good opportunity to play baseball past college, which I wanted to do. Those two summers in Liberal definitely helped me learn and grow as a baseball player.”

Hooper received the news rather recently of his upcoming induction into the NBC Hall of Fame, and he said he feels very humbled and honored for the recognition.

“It was about two weeks ago or so when I got the call from the National Baseball Congress people about what was going on. I'd played in the NBC Tournament for three summers and won a title with the El Dorado Broncos in 1998, so all of that led to some very fond memories of being part of that tournament, and it's an honor being inducted into their hall of fame with some other very worthy names,” Hooper said. “I was very humbled and blessed to get that call, and I'm looking forward to the induction ceremony in early August. I've also been inducted into the WSU Hall of Fame and the Kansas Baseball Hall of Fame, and those accolades show not only the kind of player you are, but also what kind of person you are. I took a lot of pride in how I conducted myself on and off the field, and I continue that as a coach/manager. It's just a wonderful honor, and my family and I are just so proud.”
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Heck yes, he deserves this chance!! Go Caden!!!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X