No announcement yet.

Former Shocker Baseball Players Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payton threw last night at home vs West Virginia. He gave up 2 earned over 7 plus and was pulled after a single in the 8th and got the win. First earned runs in his last 4 starts.

If you have ESPN+ I encourage you to watch the replay, forward to where he was taken out, right at the 2:30 mark. I dare you.

I love that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Payton threw last night at home vs West Virginia. He gave up 2 earned over 7 plus and was pulled after a single in the 8th and got the win. First earned runs in his last 4 starts.

If you have ESPN+ I encourage you to watch the replay, forward to where he was taken out, right at the 2:30 mark. I dare you.

I love that kid.
      What a moving moment for Payton, his team mates and the TCU fans.

We were extremely lucky to see him in a Shocker uniform for two years.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

This is not the first time I have had to post this because of Tolle.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I love that kid.
          I should MF you for making my eyes itch, but you warned me, so…

78-65

Comment

Yeah I don't know why I did that. I mean, I do know why I did that, but I'm not sure it was a good idea. I mean, it was a good idea, but still.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That might be the most 'bittersweet' post I've ever made here... good for the young man and his family and tribute to his mom, but man, it still hurts to lose a player like Payton Tolle.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  That might be the most 'bittersweet' post I've ever made here... good for the young man and his family and tribute to his mom, but man, it still hurts to lose a player like Payton Tolle.
                  Lose - indicates that there was nothing we could have done.

Let go - didn’t do what we could have done to make him stay.

there can be debate on what happened when in fact there should not be.

Comment

I made those trips to Omaha, except for the 1989 Championship… had a family commitment, but was there (Eck Stadium) the next day to welcome the team home. I hope to live long enough for another trip (s) to Omaha. History, please repeat itself.

Comment

That's the other team that deserved and should've won a natty. Shame. The NCAA record book is now and will always remain littered with WSU team and player stats from that season.

Comment

Phil was a freak.

Comment

Comment

Is there a DVD set with every single game from the 1989 season?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Doubt it….virtually no games were televised then. Probably can get one of every CWS game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Dunno. But I do know there's a CD set in my library of Kennedy's call of all the WSU CWS games from 89.

Comment

Working...
                                X