No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Long Beach State Dirt bags Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing a sport is just extra baggage on your life -- Albert Minnis (@minnis33)

Is this a barometer of the current state of the program?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        You aren't gonna get a lot of people coming out unloading hard-earned money for a mind-numbing baseball team. I'm sure it's like fingernails on a chalkboard out there. It's too bad because as you said, the weather this year has been STELLAR for WSU baseball. But the product on the field can't deliver. I know I've had a few opportunities to go out with beautiful weather this year, but passed because the team is just not meeting expectations. I don't like getting pissed at things. I really don't like paying money and getting pissed at things.

This result doesn't surprise me at all and further proves how fluky of a win Friday's game was.
        I fell into this trap for Saturday's game. Great weather, so I figured I'd take my 5-year-old (who is just learning the game) to enjoy a day at the ballpark. I had a hard time explaining the fundamentals to him since the Shocks seem adverse to displaying them! My son loves the Shocks, but he wanted to leave early since they were getting smoked so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Is that a recent tweet? In any case not a good mental state for a college athlete. If you don't enjoy it, let it go and then move on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            The fact that Arens later tried to tag the runner out at the plate and the ball came loose at that point is inmaterial. The runner should have already been called out. I think McQueen blew the call big time. And so did all the people sitting in the blue seats that could see the play clearly as they were all yelling it was a force out to the ump.
            I don't typically disagree with you, but the loss of possession of the baseball is material in this instance because Arens was not on the plate. He was, from my angle (the blue seats behind the plate), standing in front of the plate when he caught the ball and placed the tag. Yes, that run scored because he was not rang up earlier in the inning (a blown 3rd strike), but Arens had a lapse in judgment at the moment we could least afford.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Is that a recent tweet? In any case not a good mental state for a college athlete. If you don't enjoy it, let it go and then move on to something else.
              Two or three hours old.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                I don't typically disagree with you, but the loss of possession of the baseball is material in this instance because Arens was not on the plate. He was, from my angle (the blue seats behind the plate), standing in front of the plate when he caught the ball and placed the tag. Yes, that run scored because he was not rang up earlier in the inning (a blown 3rd strike), but Arens had a lapse in judgment at the moment we could least afford.
                If you are right and Arens was in front of the plate and not touching it then I would agree with you. From my angle it looked like the back part of him was right ON the plate (he is a big guy). I would have loved to see a replay of this play (especially in slow motion). There were a lot of people in the blue seats yelling at the umpire so I think there were others who saw it like I did. Sometimes I listen to Mike Kennedy during at least parts of a game and I was listening to him at that point. He initially said the guy was out as well on the live play by play. Of course he is a long ways up so I am not sure how good a view he had either. The ball was there in plenty of time before the runner so that may be why Kennedy made his initial call of out at the plate.

Comment

If you are right and Arens was in front of the plate and not touching it then I would agree with you. From my angle it looked like the back part of him was right ON the plate (he is a big guy). I would have loved to see a replay of this play (especially in slow motion). There were a lot of people in the blue seats yelling at the umpire so I think there were others who saw it like I did. Sometimes I listen to Mike Kennedy during at least parts of a game and I was listening to him at that point. He initially said the guy was out as well on the live play by play. Of course he is a long ways up so I am not sure how good a view he had either. The ball was there in plenty of time before the runner so that may be why Kennedy made his initial call of out at the plate.
                  I was standing on the third baseline talking to my buddy that guards the visitor dugout for security, it looked like his foot was on the plate when he caught the ball, the reason he went down was because the runner ran into him and forced the issue. He had the ball in time and lost it in the collision.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Oh yes! The ball was definitely there in time - no question. The only reason I am certain is because for some odd reason I was watching for his foot to be on the plate and while all the commotion was going on in the stands (understandable - it was just additional fuel for the fire at that juncture) about 5 or 6 of us sitting right there looked at one another and said "He didn't have his foot on the plate". Sucks, but just the story of our lives.

Comment

Let's just hope Gene keeps his consecutive streak of .500 plus seasons in tact this year. That's about as best it's going to get.

Comment

Working...
                      X