No announcement yet.

Shox vs Tulane (Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been fortunate enough to spend quality time with a large number of passionate Tulane fans, as well as with parents of players.

This attitude is leadership driven (Jewett) and some players and parents are not big fans of it.

It was great seeing him tossed.
    Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; May 14, 2022, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I guess I didn't realize he was tossed, when did that happen?

Watching the replay this evening, the plate ump did have a tough zone. All pitchers were not getting anything outside....and by anything I mean AN NEE THING.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I guess I didn't realize he was tossed, when did that happen?

Watching the replay this evening, the plate ump did have a tough zone. All pitchers were not getting anything outside....and by anything I mean AN NEE THING.
        After the X Grand Slam. Robinson did the step off multiple times, then Jewett went to mound. Was tossed while Sanchez was warming up. Carmouche was coaching a base at one point.

Comment

I see HCEW went with the bullpen for the first 2 innings before bringing in his starter, in this case Cameron Bye. The Ketelson and Adler weren't very good in the first 2 innings but after that it was pretty much all Shockers who got their 2nd consecutive quality non-start. Is HCEW having his Billy Bean moment here?

For now the Shocks have moved out of the cellar and are in 6th place in the AAC, 1 game ahead of USF and Memphis. Not great, of course, but hoepfully the Shocks can avoid finishing in the cellar.

I may be misreading WuDrWu but I don't thing he likes Tulane very much.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2022, 12:28 AM.

Comment

X
            Casserilla hammered the first pitch he saw from reliever Carter Robinson over 21st Street for his first career grand slam. The blast traveled a Trackman-confirmed 446 feet, giving the Shockers a 12-6 lead.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I see HCEW went with the bullpen for the first 2 innings before bringing in his starter, in this case Cameron Bye. The Ketelson and Adler weren't very good in the first 2 innings but after that it was pretty much all Shockers who got their 2nd consecutive quality non-start. Is HCEW having his Billy Bean moment here?

For now the Shocks have moved out of the cellar and are in 6th place in the AAC, 1 game ahead of USF and Memphis. Not great, of course, but hoepfully the Shocks can avoid finishing in the cellar.

I may be misreading WuDrWu but I don't thing he likes Tulane very much.
              I would guess we’ll try another opener today. Maybe Cranz? I don’t know. But at least they aren’t giving up on the season and are trying to find a way to be successful in Florida.

Maybe the first time all year we saw what Casarilla and Stroh are capable of doing on the field. Stroh especially crushed the ball all day and just had a different approach at the plate. Very encouraging. Of course, nothing wrong with X putting 2 balls in the empty field across 21st.

Tolle also pounded the ball and had 2 huge 2 out hits that we really needed. The big freshman was spectacularly good yesterday. I hope he can carry that momentum onto the bump today.

Correct, I do not like Tulane. But they are good. And they are also banged up. And they have a ton of talent much of which is young. They will be tough for the foreseeable future. Still, nobody gave us a hand when we were struggling so hammering these nutsacks while they’re down is just fine with me.

That being said, I fully expect the Green Wave to come out breathing fire today and do everything possible to salvage a win on getaway day. And if they do, I’ll bet dollars to donuts they will do it loudly.

Comment

Nutsacks, lol
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I may not know what I'm talking about, but Billy Bean (I think) was using analytic analysis, although obscure sometimes as they were, to make his decisions. It appears to my untrained eye that HCEW is just throwing mud on an earth home, and seeing what sticks instead of using analytics. Even the best of our pitchers have been very inconsistent, and most have had little to no success. One doesn't know what a pitcher will give from one series to the next. Even Jace K who was an All AAC pitcher last year, has had quite a few bad moments. Bye's been pretty good, (at least more often good than not) but yesterday, he walked the first two batters he faced, and the first one scored. It's been difficult to use analytics in these circumstances. I've felt bad for HCEW and PCMP, because they have needed tea leaves this year to foretell what will happen from week to week.

We lost a couple of decent pitchers after last year, but I don't think anyone could have predicted what has happened this year. Also, Wedge has continued to tinker with his other 8 positions each game.

Comment

I would guess we’ll try another opener today. Maybe Cranz? I don’t know. But at least they aren’t giving up on the season and are trying to find a way to be successful in Florida.

Well, I'm wrong again.

Tolle gets the start and Kocis will replace him at the 5 spot in the batting order. Otherwise, same lineup as yesterday.

Comment

Well, I'm wrong again.

Tolle gets the start and Kocis will replace him at the 5 spot in the batting order. Otherwise, same lineup as yesterday.
                      Sucks to take his hot bat out of the lineup.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I may not know what I'm talking about, but Billy Bean (I think) was using analytic analysis, although obscure sometimes as they were, to make his decisions. It appears to my untrained eye that HCEW is just throwing mud on an earth home, and seeing what sticks instead of using analytics. Even the best of our pitchers have been very inconsistent, and most have had little to no success. One doesn't know what a pitcher will give from one series to the next. Even Jace K who was an All AAC pitcher last year, has had quite a few bad moments. Bye's been pretty good, (at least more often good than not) but yesterday, he walked the first two batters he faced, and the first one scored. It's been difficult to use analytics in these circumstances. I've felt bad for HCEW and PCMP, because they have needed tea leaves this year to foretell what will happen from week to week.

We lost a couple of decent pitchers after last year, but I don't think anyone could have predicted what has happened this year. Also, Wedge has continued to tinker with his other 8 positions each game.
                        I was thinking more the lines of someone thinking outside the box not necessarily doing the exact same thing. I guess I should have made that more clear.

Comment

I was thinking more the lines of someone thinking outside the box not necessarily doing the exact same thing. I guess I should have made that more clear.
                          You’re right about thinking outside the box, so we were thinking along the same lines.

Comment

I really like how Brock Rogers approaches the game. Seems to be pretty aware of his strengths and weaknesses. You don't see many young players choking up and just trying to square the ball up and hit it where it's pitched. Perhaps a bit of a throw back. Brock Rodden fits that mold to some degree as well.

Nice slide home by Seth Stroh.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Wow, this strike zone the Shockers are seeing in the bottom of the 3rd is tough. Tolle mignt want to work a few inches below the knees when he comes out in the 4th.

Cadena and Tolle tried to work that and that got ahead of the count 0-2 on two pitches at or just little below knees on the outside corner but Tolle left a 1-2 ptich up and over the plate and gives up a lead off single. Something Payton does a little too frequently. Overall though pretty could execution of that strategy in the 4th.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Finish strong boys!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X