Shox vs Tulane (Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holden onto hope!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Shockers hang on for a 4-3 win behind the rather unusual 4-inning save from Conner Holden to compete the unexpected sweep of Tulane. The Shocks may not have swept Tulane without the key injuries Tulane has suffered but this still was not on my radar screen. So way to go guys!
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 15, 2022, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Take that broom, and shove it up your asses.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Comment

As disappointing as this season has been, we probably ruined Tulane’s season, unless they catch fire during the AAC tournament. Considering their mouth running during last years AAC tournament along with their trash talking basketball team, this feels good.

Comment

I didnt see any of the game but listened on the app on the way to KC. Sounds like a couple of base running errors in the first two innings. Not good.

Tolle was struggling a bit until PCMP made a visit to the mound. He was pretty good after that. Nice job by Holden with the 4 inning save.

Good win Shocks!!!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Might not show on the stats today, but the approach at the plate for both X and Stroh is so much improved of late it's not funny.

Bunch of good plays in the field today by both teams. Seth Stroh is finding himself fast, and that is very good for this team. Tulane is really banged up but it's still a sweep of a top 70ish team. Take 2 or more at USF and I'll feel better about their chance to make noise in Clearwater.

Tolle was good today. I thought he made 4 bad pitches out of 80+.

How about that last guy for Tulane, coming in with his 96-97 FB?!

Comment

They need to pay those guys in the box seats to participate EVERY game next year. When they formed a line and danced literally around the box seats and aisles they had little kids and some not so little join in. It truly did make the game feel like an event. Something it hasn't felt like for a decade. Go Shocks

Comment

Hey Shoxlax someone was wanting me to ask you about "Pakistani Pizza" the one you can buy at a service station in New Jersey. Said it really made an impression with you.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      They need to pay those guys in the box seats to participate EVERY game next year. When they formed a line and danced literally around the box seats and aisles they had little kids and some not so little join in. It truly did make the game feel like an event. Something it hasn't felt like for a decade. Go Shocks
                      So I heard through like 4 people (ie there's plenty of reason to think what I'm about to say isn't factual) that they were passing the hat to get these kids to go to Florida. There was something about a Facebook page but I don't really do FB and I'm not sure what group it is anyway, but they apparently were trying to get some money together so these kids can go to the tournament.

Look, they were amazing and i hope they own the same energy and passion and love for the game they've showed this year for a very long time to come. They were a big part of why this weekend was so much more fun than any for the last decade or so.

PS If they do get to go.....please for the love of God get some extra sunscreen.

Comment

Is it possible that with our success against Tulane and Memphis, that we have some new found momentum and confidence that will give us a shot at doing well in the conference tournament or are my yellow and black binders on? Probably the latter, but ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Is it possible that with our success against Tulane and Memphis, that we have some new found momentum and confidence that will give us a shot at doing well in the conference tournament or are my yellow and black binders on? Probably the latter, but ... ?
                          Let's see how things go against USF. They started the season strong but lost Jasiak (I'm assuming for the season) and they've struggled again more than they should. But they are largely the same team that got hot at the end of last year and made it to a Super Regional. Can we go on the road and stay focused and continue to get some timely hitting? IDK and the answer is probably not as we just don't have any room for error, especially with our pitching. There's no doubt this team has a different energy and vibe around them today, but that could be gone tomorrow. We'll see.

Here's the other thing....this week is a short week. Thursday Friday Saturday....then you play Tuesday. Do you bring back Jace after a day short week to a 2 day short week? Maybe, IDK. But if we start trying to piece together games, we're not going to be very successful. Holden will go out there every day, he doesn't care. Other than that it gets dicey fast.

Miner hasn't travelled much this season because he's been used up during the week and so taking him is a waste. That isn't going to be the case here on out. We're going to need him and that being said, I don't have any idea who we might see tonight. Might see Will Stevens. Shaver, Gifford, Hynes....wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of those guys.

Anyway, stay away from ECU (who has clinched 1st) by finishing 6 or 7 (just have to beat USF once to make that happen) then let's see what happens. Houston and UCF probably will finish 2-3 in some order. Getting Houston then UCF or Memphis would be a dream draw imho. I think Tulane and Cincy are likely to finish 4-5. If Houston gets swept at ECU and Tulane sweeps Memphis (both possible) then Houston would drop to 4 (or 5 in bizarre outcome) but then we'd get Tulane and that's fine with me. Let's get through tonight without damaging our confidence then take 2 at USF and hope UCF wins one (should be a given) to keep Cincy 4-5. Then we'll see what happens. No matter what happens, Tuesday is still going to be a problem for us. And we have to win Tuesday. There's no way we're going Tues, Wed, Friday, Sat, Sat, Sun. Sunday would have to be Johnny Wholestaff (Adler, Kettleson, Cranz, Stumpy, maybe Jace for an inning or 2 and pray we're close enough for Holden to bring us home (which if we're playing Sun, Holden is probably sitting on 125+ pitches that week already).
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; May 16, 2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Just speculating from the goshockers baseball twitter feed, I'm assuming Gifford is getting the ball first tonight and probably going as long as he can (which given his lack of work lately probably isn't too far).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

But they went over the line when their coach complained to security and tried to get one of the best fans, and nicest guy you'll ever meet, tossed. They claimed he was giving the Tulane bench the finger (in fact he was pointing to where their bus was located). Security came down with campus police to run the guy but cooler and smarter heads prevailed and he stayed.

Even if the fan was giving the finger that coach is soft as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X