Shox vs. Long Beach State Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Long Beach State Game 2

After that exciting finish last night I am ready for game 2. I would really love to see the Shox take at least 2 games from these guys.

The Shox managed to get 13 hits and score 8 runs against what appears to be 3 of the better Long Beach pitchers (the last guy who WSU scored 6 runs against had an era of 1.04 going into last night).

Four of Long Beach's wins this year have come against ranked teams and a majority of their losses have been by 1 run.
    Last edited by shox1989; March 24, 2012, 04:13 AM.

3 consecutive 2-outs hits by LBS puts them up 3-0 in the first.

Hopefully, Minnis can find his stuff but so far he seems to be searching.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 24, 2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Who is "SC" and why did he get to bat three times in a row?

Comment

Minnis has not been sharp recently.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Who is "SC" and why did he get to bat three times in a row?
          Corrected, I am still euphoric over the 3G announcemnt and still have't totally scrubbed South Carolina out of my head.

Comment

Minnis yanked about three batters too late.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Minnis yanked about three batters too late.
              I think those three batters you are referring to was in the FIRST inning.

Comment

Shox could use some KC Shox magic. Shox trail 11-0, bottom of the 7th, only 3 hits while the weak hitting LBS is torching WSU pitching for 14 hits (6 extra base hits).

Comment

I'll put my hex on the baseball Shox, but even 11 runs is asking a lot. Is this just poor pitching and poor hitting, or did the Beach come out infuriated today after what happened yesterday and it's their mission to boat race us?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    I'll put my hex on the baseball Shox, but even 11 runs is asking a lot. Is this just poor pitching and poor hitting, or did the Beach come out infuriated today after what happened yesterday and it's their mission to boat race us?
                    Yes...all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Shox could use some KC Shox magic. Shox trail 11-0, bottom of the 7th, only 3 hits while the weak hitting LBS is torching WSU pitching for 14 hits (6 extra base hits).
                      @KCShox is good but not sure even he can stir up enough reverse karma to overcome the way the Shocks and the Dirt Bags played today.

Final LBS 13 - Shocks 1.

Highlight for the Shocks -- uhh, I guess the fact they did not commit any errors.

Hopefully, they are in short-memory mode and Mitch Mormann is on his game tomorrow.

Brent will be in a good mood for his weekly show following the game.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 24, 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

There just is no consistency with this team.

Comment

About the only highlights today were Kevin Hall's home run (only the second one given up all year by LBS pitching) and the fact the Shox made no errors today. Other than that it was a pretty lousy game.

Comment

LBS hitters have a totally different approach to hitting than WSU does. Their guys try to make contact any way they can and put a lot of pressure on the defense. They also have a lineup full of guys who don't flail at bad pitches and swing from their heels. Contact, contact, contact is the name of their game. LBS has lost a BUNCH of their games by a single run, and that is what small ball can do for you. Once it was clear that WSU pitchers were willing to throw pitches in the hitting zone, LBS took out their frustrations from last night and slapped the ball all over the yard. The pitching was HORRENDOUS today. Minnis was pouring pitches in the strike zone at the belt like batting practice. Ladwig wasn't sharp.

You can say the highlight of the day was the defense, BUT, there were two terrible plays on fly balls in right field with one followed by a terrible throw. There was a throw from the outfield that should have been cut-off and the hitter thrown out at second that didn't happen. Two plays at 3B would have been made by an experienced 3B (can't fault Rea too much - he is an outfielder, didn't even play3B at JuCo).

Before the game got completely out of hand, the middle of the order WASTED opportunities with RISP.

Once again, Gene has become enamoured with certain players. Some guys seem to have been exiled to the bench. Some guys are locked into certain places in the field and batting order and are NOT playing SHOCKER BASEBALL.

When will the madness be stopped???

BTW, Friday night was a fluke. LBS gave the game away with poor defense and some mysterious and inexplicable need to not change pitchers.

--'85.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                              LBS hitters have a totally different approach to hitting than WSU does. Their guys try to make contact any way they can and put a lot of pressure on the defense. They also have a lineup full of guys who don't flail at bad pitches and swing from their heels. Contact, contact, contact is the name of their game. LBS has lost a BUNCH of their games by a single run, and that is what small ball can do for you. Once it was clear that WSU pitchers were willing to throw pitches in the hitting zone, LBS took out their frustrations from last night and slapped the ball all over the yard. The pitching was HORRENDOUS today. Minnis was pouring pitches in the strike zone at the belt like batting practice. Ladwig wasn't sharp.

You can say the highlight of the day was the defense, BUT, there were two terrible plays on fly balls in right field with one followed by a terrible throw. There was a throw from the outfield that should have been cut-off and the hitter thrown out at second that didn't happen. Two plays at 3B would have been made by an experienced 3B (can't fault Rea too much - he is an outfielder, didn't even play3B at JuCo).

Before the game got completely out of hand, the middle of the order WASTED opportunities with RISP.

Once again, Gene has become enamoured with certain players. Some guys seem to have been exiled to the bench. Some guys are locked into certain places in the field and batting order and are NOT playing SHOCKER BASEBALL.

When will the madness be stopped???

BTW, Friday night was a fluke. LBS gave the game away with poor defense and some mysterious and inexplicable need to not change pitchers.

--'85.
                              Don't really disagree with much you have said. I just wonder what options you think are better than the ones that are playing. We once again have been besieged by injuries (which is a whole other topic, why we seem to be prone to this year after year) and the bench is not that deep. One guy that comes to mind is Knight, but everyone else has seemed to have had their chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X