WSU vs K-State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I won't get dragged into a pissing match here, nor am I looking for one.

I am certainly guilty of high expectations for this team, expectations that have not been reached, not even close.

And I've said many times that no matter how much losing hurts as fans, it's nothing compared to the hurt and frustration felt by players and coaches.

I keep thinking (hoping) we've hit rock bottom....and then here we are.

I believe we have the right people in place to effect change in the program.

And you or anyone is free to contribute high 5 figure donations to baseball or any program you choose, at anytime. The sooner the better. He donated after he was already coach. His contributions to WSU baseball, and WSU athletics in general, have been and continue to be way beyond substantial (and not just monetarily) and at the same time, beyond reproach.
    Doc,
    After the basketball season debacle, I was looking forward to this baseball season for something to watch and enjoy expected success.
    Based on preseason opinion of those close to the program, Not only was I anticipating a fun season, I started checking flights to Fla at the end of May for the AAC show.
    Well, guess I don't have to fork out any cash for flight and accommodations, just like I didn't for the BS that went down in DFW.
    I'm starting to wonder after the last week of beat downs if they will win any more games!
    Been a while since I've seen a season totally implode into a dumpster fire of biblical proportions!

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Where’s DSB and ShockerExpress at, calling everybody bad fans?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

There is no doubt that HCEW knows baseball at the highest level and that he is an excellent leader. However, playing the devil's advocate, it's possible that experience as a major league manager may or may not be of great value when it comes to coaching undeveloped and underdeveloped college kids. The player a major league manager has to work with don't really need that much development work. That job is probably largely one of managing egos.

Perhaps, someone like Kevin Hooper who cut his managing teeth at the helm of the independent Wingnuts where he had to find players and develop them and then working as a traveling coach in player development for the Padres would have provided a better background for what is needed at Wichita State and would have been a better choice. But it was hard to argue with bringing someone like Eric Wedge in. It could be that if Eric can't get it done then it just isn't going to get done.
        This is a distinct possibility but it’s still too early to tell. If results aren’t coming next year, in year 4, I think we’ll know.

I too was on record preferring a Hooper hire.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
        X