WSU vs K-State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs K-State

Kansas State (17-17, 3-9 Big 12) vs. Wichita State (13-22, 2-7 American)
    Monday, April 18 | 6:00 pm | Wichita, Kansas (Eck Stadium)
    TV: ESPN Plus | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM
    RHP German Fajardo (1-1, 3.21) vs. RHP Robert Cranz (0-1, 6.75)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Man, looking at that record is so so depressing...

Comment

Cranz gives up a run in the 1st but could have been worse. After scoring a run KSU has a runner on 2nd with no outs and Cranz worked out of it. Looks like he as decent enough stuff. The question is whether on not he can command the strike zone. He threw 29 pitches in the 1st inning.

Shocks go down in order in their first at bat. Brock Rodden did take the centerfielder to the was in front of 375 foot mark in left center. Looked like he might of gotten under it just a little bit. Only 8 pitches need by the KSU starter.

Cranz doesn't make it out of the 2nd. Single, walk, single, walk gives KSU a 2-0 lead. Stuempfig comes in with the bases loaded and no outs.

A line drive pretty much right at Thornhill was misplayed in his hurry to try to get a double play and the ball bounced off his glove. Makes it 3-0 with the bases still loaded and no outs. 2 ground balls to short produce outs at first but also produce 2 more runs. A strike out ends the KSU at bat with the Shocks down 5-0 coming to bat in the bottom of the 2nd.

Another quick 1-2-3 inning for the KSU starter. XC hit the ball on the nose but right at the leftfielder leading off the inning. Tolle and Williams his shallow pop flies to the outfield.

KSU opens the 3rd with a single and triple to extend their lead to 6-0. After a grounder to a pulled in infield got the 1st out a single off the foot of Stuempfig (probably gets into centerfield even if it did not hit Stuempfig) makes it 7-0. A double puts runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. A nice snag by a drawn in Brock Rodden at 2nd who went home was called an out. But on review the call was overturned and it is now 8-0. A wild pitch moves the runner up a base to 2nd and 3rd. A strike out on check swing makes it 2 out. A solid single to left produces 2 more runs and it is 10-0. Stuempfig is done and Will Stevens is coming in.

This may very well end up worse than the KU debacle. And the Shocks have another game tomorrow night against the Sooners in Norman.

I think I put myself through enough. This game is already and 75 minutes long and the 2 Shocker at bats have lasted about a total of 5 minutes.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 18, 2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

A great night for baseball…

at Westurban.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU getting smoked by KSU. Looks like WSU has just quit for the year.

Comment

Not a college baseball guy by any means, but I was fiddling around ESPN+ (my eldest son is paying for it since my wife won't) and saw this game. I decided to tune in. My son is in the room and we decided to watch and pull for the Shockers. This isn't going well. I guess its time to switch channels.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Comment

That's me and WstateU in that cartoon above.

Comment

Comment

Anyone know what the Shocker record is for most consectutive scoreless innings by the offense? Were up to 22.

The Shocks looked like they were goint to put an end to the scoreless streak in the 7th. The had runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs. But a strikeout and a 6-4-3 double play pushed the streak to 22.

Despite 3 walks in the 8th the Shocks still are unable to score. 23 consecutive scoreless innings.

Payton leads off the 9th with a double. After Gage Williams strikes out Jordan Rogers doubles to right center and the Shockers finally find home plate.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 18, 2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I realize it's early in the Wedge era but what the eff is going on? And don't just say we're young. This is embarrassing.

Comment

Might be time to pull my ‘old geezer’ bag out of the closet…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

31-23 last season, NCAA expectations this season, currently sitting at 13-23 with embarrassing blowouts to in-state rivals.

I’d say things are moving the right direction.

Where the hell did ShockerExpress and DSB go? Talk about bandies.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            I realize it's early in the Wedge era but what the eff is going on? And don't just say we're young. This is embarrassing.
                            I'm not really sure we are "early" in the Wedge era

Comment

So if I paid enough money to put my name in the bullpen wall, can I be pitching coach too?

Comment

Working...
                              X