Purdue vs Shox - DH (gm 3 & 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    Pretty sure Michigan also won a regional at Vanderbilt, then lost a super (@ FSU?). Ohio State also won a regional in 2003. And I think Penn State won one too in the first year of the new format, then got sent to Texas for the super and lost.

Remember how Maine used to be in the CWS seemingly every other year? Talk about a program that completely disappeared once regionals stopped being as strictly distributed by geography.
    I do remember when Maine was almost a regular in Omaha. They were one of the biggest losers once geographic regionals disappeared. Minnesota and the big 10 were another big loser once they started going with the top teams nationally instead of picking the top teams in each region.

Comment

Purdue went 2-1 this weekend at #52 Michigan State. Their rpi fell to #10. Purdue faces a big weekend series at #4 UCLA this weekend. If they can go 2-1 in that series that would probably secure them as one of the 8 National Seeds.

Comment

Purdue ended up going 1-2 at #3 UCLA last weekend. Since leaving LA, Purdue has won 4 straight games and currently has a rpi of #13 and is 38-9 and is securely in first place in the big 10.

Comment

Ironically I just found out that Purdue was a last minute replacement on the schedule when Oregon backed out of their contract to play in Wichita. We were pretty lucky to find such a good last minute opponent. We could have easily ended up with a team like Chicago State in that kind of situation.

Comment

#7 Purdue closes out the season with 3 games @#208 Iowa. Purdue won the first game 11-8. Boyds World says that if Purdue finishes 2-0 they will finish in the top 8.

Comment

Working...
            X