Shox at Houston (Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Just got back in town. This was an away series right? Is Houston good?
    I would not characterize anybody in AAC being "good". Houston is probably better than WSU.

This should have been a series WSU should have won. A road series win might have changed the trajectory of this season, but it looked like Houston stepped up while WSU crumbled under the pressure.

Now to have to go to ECU who has had a disappointing start will be wanting to make their mark in the conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not likely. Chirped and bailed.
      Typical crickets. Bandies bail when the sun isn’t shining. Sad.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This team is what it is. When pitching finally gets its act together, the bats and defense crumble. All 3 facets of the game never align at the same time. That’s the sign of a mediocre to bad team. Their IQ is alarmingly bad. I’ve never seen a team get the bare minimum as it does of offense. Solo homer, solo homer, RBI HP, bases left loaded, etc.

The defense from the 8th inning on reminded my of scared little leaguers who didn’t know what to do with a lead late in a game.

This season is clearly a throwaway. But even some of Wedge’s guys (yes young) are making BRUTAL mistakes. Yes the Butler stink is still apparent but it sure doesn’t seem like we’re improving much. I know it’s not a 1 or 2 year job to turn a dumpster fire around but geesh a little improvement or at least a little heart would be nice.

I was very eager about going to the Oklahoma State game at Riverfront but I’m now looking it more as just a night to get out. Nothing more.

Wedge talks about culture a lot. We are a long ways off from having a winning one.

This loss may be the one that sends the season spiraling, as if it hasn’t already.

And I’ll await the one true fan to come on here and tell me how horrible a fan I am and that WSU should just accept its place as a midmajor afterthought.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I would not characterize anybody in AAC being "good". Houston is probably better than WSU.

This should have been a series WSU should have won.
          Well if they are better than us and we played at their turf, why _should_ we have won? It would have been great for sure -- and like you said, a potential season changer -- but I don't think we were _expected_ to win?

We stole one though and had 'em on the ropes right up until the last two innings, so we were pretty darn close to pulling off the upset.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Well if they are better than us and we played at their turf, why _should_ we have won?
            Because WSU was leading 3-1 going into the 8th inning. The win expectancy for the visitor team leading 3-1 going into the 8th inning is 87%. Had WSU went to the 9th with 3-2 lead, they still would have had a 85% expectancy of win.

In the 8th inning, WSU pooped their diapers. They committed an error, walked a guy, gave up a single that allowed a unearned run to score. If it just stopped at, then WSU gets out with 3-2 lead going to the ninth, but then they added in another error that allowed Houston to tie the game up 3-3. And then there is fiasco where WSU outfielder decided to dive for a ball he couldn't get to and turned a single into game winning double.

This is the type of thing a good WSU team would do to their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Because WSU was leading 3-1 going into the 8th inning. The win expectancy for the visitor team leading 3-1 going into the 8th inning is 87%. Had WSU went to the 9th with 3-2 lead, they still would have had a 85% expectancy of win.

In the 8th inning, WSU pooped their diapers.
              I see. You aren't saying they should have won from the outset. You are saying they should have won since they kicked ass early on, but finished like wine turned to vinegar.

Comment

Hard to disagree with most of what’s being said. Super disappointing that you couldn’t get the series after what Jace did on Friday.

A bad series this weekend at ECU (which seems likely) pretty much cooks the season…. And it’s probably already cooked anyway.

Comment

I guess a part of me says that while we crapped the bed at the end, we at least put ourselves in a position to darn near steal the series out from under Houston at their place.

On second thought, last year we smoked Houston. I don't know.

Comment

I guess a part of me says that while we crapped the bed at the end, we at least put ourselves in a position to darn near steal the series out from under Houston at their place.

Houston improved YoY much better than we did, and we still should have swept.

Comment

I appreciate what you're trying to do here Kung....and its understood especially from a "new" baseball fan. There's just a lot of scar tissue built up over the last few years of the longer term fans.

Comment

I see. You aren't saying they should have won from the outset. You are saying they should have won since they kicked ass early on, but finished like wine turned to vinegar.
                        Yes, that is correct. If you look at last year, WSU dominated the series vs. Houston. So did Houston get better? Or did WSU get worse? The way it looks is both happened.

Comment

Kaminska's Gem Secures Pitcher of the Week

Comment

Happy for Jace. Team still stunk to high heaven.

Comment

Working...
                            X