Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay we took one of three!

Comment

Your play-by-play announcer is good and I enjoyed listening to his call.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
        Move Bye to Friday, slide Jace and Tolle. That hasn’t been the main issue but feel it would help.
        Was evident 2 weeks ago and obvious now. Bye is the ace, Jace would benefit from going against other teams number 2 guy and same for Tolle going against number 3.

Would really increase chances at series wins.

Comment

Was evident 2 weeks ago and obvious now. Bye is the ace, Jace would benefit from going against other teams number 2 guy and same for Tolle going against number 3.

I like it, sir!

Comment

Another weekend, another lackluster 1 out 3 performance. Not gonna cut it...

Comment

Pelfrey doesn’t seem like a complex guy. I’m guessing he keeps things the same and drowns with his sinking ship.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not sure why this discussion is on the Creighton thread, but just to jog everyone’s memory.

We now have back to back AAC Pitcher of the Week Awards.

Last week to Jace, this week to Cam.

When they both hit on same weekend, we can start winning series. I would love to see Tolle move to Sunday and get his bat in lineup on Friday and Saturday for consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Not sure why this discussion is on the Creighton thread, but just to jog everyone’s memory.

When they both hit on same weekend, we can start winning series. I would love to see Tolle move to Sunday and get his bat in lineup on Friday and Saturday for consistency.
                  I agree (with your idea). I'm not sure it's possible this week with the short week (Cam would go Sunday-Thursday and he threw 113 on Sunday) and in a perfect world I'd move Cam to Saturday and Tolle to Sunday then move again the next week. But with the short week, I think we should keep things the same this week then switch completely the next. That's assuming Tolle is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I agree (with your idea). I'm not sure it's possible this week with the short week (Cam would go Sunday-Thursday and he threw 113 on Sunday) and in a perfect world I'd move Cam to Saturday and Tolle to Sunday then move again the next week. But with the short week, I think we should keep things the same this week then switch completely the next. That's assuming Tolle is healthy.
                    I don’t think we want Cam on Fridays. He is the #2 still in my opinion. And what a strong #2 he is turning out to be.

Tolle I hope is healthy and would benefit from batting both Friday and Saturday back to back. Helping get a rythym going.

Comment

I don’t think we want Cam on Fridays. He is the #2 still in my opinion. And what a strong #2 he is turning out to be.

Tolle I hope is healthy and would benefit from batting both Friday and Saturday back to back. Helping get a rythym going.
                      The statistics (or facts) disagree with you.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

FWIW Shocker Staff ERA's over the past 9+ seasons:

Brett Keminitz
                        2014 - 3.43
                        2015 - 5.10
                        2016 - 5.97

Mike Steele
                        2017 - 4.77
                        2018 - 3.91

Mike Pelfry
                        2019 - 5.39 (Mike Steele resigned 6-weeks before the start of the season)
                        2020 - 2.91 (Season shortened to 15 games due to Covid)
                        2021 - 5.06
                        2022 - 5.33 (Through 31 games)

As far as the run support the Shocks provided in those years here are that average runs per game scored by the Shocks. Runs scored minus ERA differential in parentheses.

Brent Kemnitz' Final 3 Years
                        2014 - 4.98 (+1.55) Record 31-28
                        2015 - 5.80 (+0.70) Record 26-33
                        2016 - 5.93 (-0.04) Record 21-37
                        Team Winning % For These 3 Years = .443

Mike Steele's 2 Years
                        2017 - 5.45 (+0.68) Record 28-30
                        2018 - 6.58 (+2.67) Record 35-21
                        Team Winning % For These 2 Years = .553

Mike Pelfrey's Tenure
                        2019 - 5.61 (+0.22) Record 28-31
                        2020 - 6.13 (+3.22) Record 13-2
                        2021 - 6.20 (+1.14) Record 31-23
                        2022 - 5.06 (-0.27) Record 13-18
                        Team Winning % For These 4 Years = .535 or if your throw out 2020 = .500

No doubt in some years the quality of defense could make a big difference in number of wins. How much do you count Pelf's first year in 2019 against him. To me the issues is while we have some quality arms we just don't have them as deep as we did in the heyday of the program and I am not sure that is going to change. But if we could just lower the teams ERA to the mid 4's and figure out a way to score 1 more run a game the winning records would be a regular occurrence.

Comment

because I quoted myself when I first suggested it right after the creighton series

Comment

Doesn’t matter, Tolle should be facing number 3 guy and Jace seems to be either equal to or slightly less than the other guys number 1 this year. He is great, all 3 are but right now Jace facing number 2 guy and Tolle number 3 makes most sense.

Besides Bye has been best so far.

Comment

but Doc is right, I didn’t think about days between

Comment

Bye's season ERA is 0.24. LMAO
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X