Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’ll do! We’re good at comebacks?

Comment

Wahoo! Kind of feels like a big win? KU isn’t good but still, they’re hanging around.

Really felt like WSU was much better team throughout.

And 6 in a row over KU during some of the worst years in the modern era for the program.

Comment

Hopefully Kocis is rounding into early last year's form. Great comeback on a tough night to do so.
        Last edited by shoxlax; March 23, 2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Turned the game on at 5-0 bad guys. Did not see that turning out the way it did. Nice way to battle back Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Hopefully Kocis is rounding into early last year's form. Comeback on a tough night to do so.
            And they were fired up to do so. Fun to see them excited. Seems like a culture change for sure.

Comment

Wow! Just now getting back to checking in. Not sure all what happened but really good come back win especiall being down by 5 in these conditions. That is some toughness and fight might be able to build on. I'm going to have to check out the replat of the final 5 innings.

Comment

Chuck’s exit velo was 103 MPH on the sac fly. 4th highest of
                the game for Shox.

Comment

Can't believe I had to miss this game. Sounds like a good one!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I was busy and lost interest when we were down five… we looked lethargic and the KU pitcher looked in control. The guys were wearing face coverings, so I gave us a one in a hundred chance of a comeback. Shame on me.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Chuck Ingram has heated up over the last 3 games. He is 9-1 (.692), 6 RBI, 3 Home Runs, 1 Triple (although somewhat of a gift form the KU leftfielder).and 2 stirkeouts.

Let's hope Chuck has figured some things out. Obviously he is not going to continue at this pace but 50% of this pace would be excellent. Hope it continues.

Also, hope the walk off no doubter by Garrett Kocis perhaps gets him energized and moving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Chuck Ingram has heated up over the last 3 games. He is 9-1 (.692), 6 RBI, 3 Home Runs, 1 Triple (although somewhat of a gift form the KU leftfielder).and 2 stirkeouts.

Let's hope Chuck has figured some things out. Obviously he is not going to continue at this pace but 50% of this pace would be excellent. Hope it continues.

Also, hope the walk off no doubter by Garrett Kocis perhaps gets him energized and moving in the right direction.
                        This team will eventually hit. It ain’t that I’m worried about

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Always good to send the Jayhawks home crying in their near beer.

New Mexico split with Arizona (won 12-7 last night). 6 of their 21 games played have been against ranked opponents. Texas A&M won 2 of 3 AT LSU but did lose to UH. ORU has lost 4 straight (3 vs Dallas Baptist and 1 vs Oklahoma State). Washington State went 1-2 vs #4 OSU but has since lost 4 straight to UW & Santa Clara. LaTech swept LSU. Winners of 8 straight and ranked in the top 10, OSU hosts KU this weekend.

Can't give enough credit to Connor Holden so far. 9 appearances, 13 Ks, ZERO walks, no runs, 2-0 4 saves. 6 of 10 wins are his responsibility (and let's face it, NM game deserved a save too). No idea where we'd be without that young man. Love his energy on the mound.

Kind of liked the pitching last night. KU pounced on just a couple mistakes, but other than LJ, everyone threw strikes for the most part and pitched to their strengths. Favors, Ketelsen & Holden had wipeout breaking stuff at times. Hats off to Gage Williams for stepping in when Cadena got hurt, caught a solid game (even though he doesn't call his own game) and hit the ball hard all night in the cleanup spot. Well done young man.

Comment

When will we hit and score runs with any consistency? Every 3rd game when we face the 3rd (worst) Pitcher of each team? That's only every 3rd, 3rd game anyway. Pitching isn't good and hitting isn't good. Glad we beat KU though.

Comment

Working...
                              X