Shocks vs Jayhawks - Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Jayhawks - Round 1

I guess everyone else is out at the Eck to watch this game in person on this balmy evening.

Matt Boyer starting in this one for the Shocks.

A leadoff single, stolen base and a -out double plates a run for KU in the first.

After 2 innings KU leading 1-0.

Casserilla made a pretty pass at pitch with 2 outs in the second but fly balls to left will be a tough way to make a living this evening.

I've got ESPN+ video but no audio (except for commericals). Guess I will have to sync it up with the radio broadcast.

KU plates a couple more in the 3rd. So far the Shocks are 9 up and 9 down. 3 of the last 4 guys challenged the wind blowing in from left and lost. Gage Williams with the closest thing to a hit with a hard line drive that just failed to clear a leaping KU shortstop.

Audio now working on the ESPN+ stream with Shane on the call.

Caden Favors is on to pitch the 4th. Shocks may well be on a pre-determined split.

KU blasts at 2-run homer to center in the 4th to go up 5-0.

I'll have to check back later. My presence watching certainly doesn't seem to helping any.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 23, 2022, 07:00 PM.

If the 3rd inning was any indication, the guys just want to go home as quickly as possible.

Comment

That was supposed to be the heater, but he threw him the meater. Lordy.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We are a poor hitting team unless it’s Sunday and the wind is howling out.

Comment

Apparently the ball just has to be between the boxes, or even over the lines, to be called a strike.

Comment

Honestly felt for them early. We were crushing some balls
            early and they had doinkers falling in.

But have not come close to turning it around

Comment

Honestly, we’ve hit the ball decently well IMO. KU has struck out three more times. The KU pitcher was throwing a ton of strikes and we didn’t find the gaps. Still only a two run game.

Comment

Good job battling back. Had great opportunity wasted to tie it with guy on 2nd and no outs.

Comment

Chuck hit that one hard, unfortunately right at the left fielder. Otherwise this game is over.

Comment

Bases loaded 2 outs tie game. Closer just got hurt and has to come out. Why do I feel like a strikeout is coming?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Bases loaded 2 outs tie game. Closer just got hurt and has to come out. Why do I feel like a strikeout is coming?
                      Damn you!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Damn you!
                        Lol exactly.

Goodness that sac fly was SCORTCHED. Could have and probably should have won it.

Comment

Holden at 20 pitches. Not saying just saying.

Comment

Kocis smacks a 2 run bomb to right for a walk off 7-5 win.

Comment

Ballgame!

Comment

Working...
                              X